“Great stay”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Brookings
Gainesville, Texas
“Great stay”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Overall it was great. One switch controlled all lights witch I disliked cause I was on my PS3 and went to turn offlights and it turned off TV and PS3. Good breakfast and rooms have new flat screen tv's and excellent beds. They also have a nice indoor pool but could not use it at the time of my visit. There is an Applebee's across the street walking distance from rooms. The rest of the town is also easy access from hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Javier V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Brookings while attending a family reunion. My family was somewhat cautious as they had read one or two negative reviews...My recollection is that they were primarily about noisey guests...(not really the hotel's fault) and they were from several years ago.

I am on the road over 100 nights a year...Diamond with Hilton, Gold with Marriott and Platinum with Starwood...I have seen some edgy hotels...not the case here...We were extremely pleased with the hotel. Very nice hotel, accommodating late checkouts and pleasant service.

We actually forgot a personal item at the hotel...we called and it hadn't shown up, but several days later the item arrived at our home...the hotel had found it, looked up our information and shipped it to our home. I have never had that happen before!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tiredtraveler77
Otsego, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I definately recommend staying here! We had a King room with a pullout couch that was very spacious for 2 adults and 2 kids. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable with plently of pillows. The tv was a flat screen which was a nice update. There was also two club chairs in the room which were nice to have when the bed was pulled out. We had little bottles of pantene shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. They have a smaller pool and hot tub which we didn't have a chance to use. If you enjoy waterparks, I definately recommend the Hillcrest Water Park which is only a mile down the road and admission is only $4. Our kids loved it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Iowa
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Got stuck on the road,exhausted from driving. We took the king size room by the pool. We really like this because the room is tucked away from all the other rooms on the ground floor. THe room was huge, spotless and perfect. We had a microwave, wet sink with a counter, half fridge, an armoire with added blankets. The towels were fresh, the sink and tub spotless. It was a comfy soft bed. We slept like babies. The next day the breakfast was set up with waffle mix, grapefruit sections, yogurt, quiches to heat up in the microwave. Cereal, bagels, toast, cream cheese, mini muffins, etc. We took it back to our room and had a nice visit. This was during the flooding from the Gaven's Point dam, we were headed back via I-29, so wanted to catch the news. It was quiet and peaceful. Couldn't ask for a better stay when we booked this hotel 'blind'. I am so glad I didn't see the reviews that were so negative. We saw nothing but good here.

Room Tip: go for the king room next to the pool