“Very restful -- great locaation”

Hampton Inn & Suites Brookings
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were on a long and very stressful trip...we were hoping for a quiet and restful night. It's just what we got. It seemed exceptionally clean and in a great location as well as easy to find. I especially liked being able to completely darken the room with the insulated curtains.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor. I don't know if that made a difference but it was absolutely dark a...

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ours was not a pleasure trip. We were in town to visit a sick relative in the hospital then working to prep his home for his dismissal. We were exhausted and were hoping for a simple and quite night's sleep in a clean room. It's just what we got. More might have been available but we got just what we wanted...SLEEP!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stay at this hotel every year while visiting relatives. The staff is wonderful, and very helpful. The hotel is always clean, and the breakfast is exemplary. We have small children, so they go to bed early, yet this hotel is so quiet we have never had a problem with them sleeping soundly. This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in- ever.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was in Brookings to run the marathon. The manager arranged to set out cold cereal and bananas an hour before the breakfast usually started so we runners could get pre-race fuel. The room was spacious and clean. I was able to close the drapes to make the room very dark for sleeping. I used the pool after the race to soak my tired legs. The location was convenient. I had great help from each staff person with whom I interacted. The shower was spacious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Beautiful place to stay....very comfortable! Location was convenient to highway and two restaurants, one within walking distance. Room we had was next to highway so it was noisy. Beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding! Great staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were very very satisfied. Even stepping outside to smoke! Just the green sticky stuff on the carpet between the beds. I should have reported it...but I did not want to take advantage of the "free stay". Because we were happy and will probably stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was a decent motel, but the breakfast was awful. I'm not expecting a whole lot from motel free breakfasts but this was so subpar, I couldn't eat it. It may have been the worst biscuits and gravy I have ever had. The room was decent, but you'd be better off getting breakfast at McDonalds!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple