“awesome place for a reception!”

Children's Museum of South Dakota
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Brookings
Pierre, South Dakota
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“awesome place for a reception!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Venue was wonderful, food was outstanding, service was great! That's all I know, but if you need a unique place for a reception, this is it. we hosted one, and have been to 2 others and all have been wonderful.

Visited August 2014

Northfield, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great, well designed museum!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We visited for a day before heading to the Laura Ingalls site in DeSmet. What a fabulous museum! Unique and interesting interactive displays for the kids (ours loved the water area, the farming and sod house) along with some traditional children's museum favorites (art area, grocery store). Our girls (10, 8 & 4) were entertained for 4 hours and wanted to stay longer. We loved the beautifully landscaped outdoor area - our kids spent a lot of time splashing in the water and exploring the grounds. We ate in the onsite restaurant - delicious! It was relatively inexpensive ($34 for a family of 5) and the food was freshly prepared instead of the standard reheated hot dogs, chicken strips, etc. I would highly recommend the museum and cafe.

Visited July 2014
Cizur Menor, Spain
“Children's museum visit”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The recent trip I made to Brookings was fantastic, The museum was busy with kids visiting
from everywhere ( Me from Texas). I was especially interested to find how they remodled
the building which included my OFFICE for ten years. I was teaching Jr. High girls and elementary physical education in Brookings (1953-64). Those were good years. My office
WAS downstairs under the big windmill now.
Thank you Mr. Larson for this great remodeling idea - to keep kids playing.
My suggestion for a better name--The Dinosaur Play House and Museum in South Dakota.

Visited June 2014
Brookings
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“wonderland for children”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you want to see kids come alive, with all the activities provided, this is that place. A great thing for families, and easily accessable and also has a restaurant in it, which is very god.

Visited May 2014
Shanghai
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great place!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've been here 4 times... with kids aged from 9 months to 8 years. Usually we have a couple of grandparents in tow too. It's great for all ages; very fun to run around and explore! I think there are plenty of different rooms and activities. The adults can sit at the counter of the "coffee shop" while the kids make sandwiches and ice cream. The food at the real cafe is excellent too. It's $6 for everyone that is over 1 year old.

My only complaint is that they close at 5:00. It's hard to squeeze a visit in after naptime.

Visited June 2014