“The best hamburger”

Nick's Hamburger Shop
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Brookings
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Description: Our burgers are made fresh to order, with fresh (never frozen) ground beef. The delicious buns are made fresh daily with our own secret recipe. Burgers are topped with your choice of ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, cheese, or our homemade mustard dill relish. Don't forget dessert! We have delicious homemade pie, rolls, shakes, and malts! We also serve breakfast from 8-10:30AM. Try our traditional burger topped with a fresh fried egg!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you grew up in South Dakota & visited Nicks as a child, these hamburgers were the best then & are still wonderful today. Going here is an experience & on a busy day, you will need to wait to be seated at the counter. This is not a fancy place so if you are looking for that just go elsewhere. But these hamburgers have a taste that you won't forget & you will no doubt want to return here. I wish I could have one right now!

There are newer reviews for Nick's Hamburger Shop

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Most of the reviews are spot on, the burgers are small in size but made fresh and I simply love the fresh shakes.

Makes me think of the 1950's every time I go!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nick's Hamburgers are the best hamburgers in Brookings! They are the same today as they were when I was growing up and they are delicious!! Don't miss a chance to try a Nick's burger or 2!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have dined at Nick's three times over the past two months. For each stop I was passing through Brookings on my way to an event in another city. I return to Nick’s because the burgers are prepared quickly and they are tasty … very tasty. They are tasty and unapologetically greasy. The limited menu is also amenable to making quick decisions and getting back on the road. Much like one or two national chains, the burgers are small and inexpensive.

The areas in which Nick’s can improve are in customer service, and the rest of the menu. The kids that work at Nick’s are not rude. Neither are they polite. They appear to be either painfully shy, or, not trained in customer service. Eye contact is rare and a “thank you” is generally whispered at the feet of the customer. After being served our meal never, not once, did an employee inquire as to how we were doing. The other shortcoming is everything else on the menu besides burgers.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Everyone that lives in Brookings knows that this is the place to go for the best hamburger around. And don't think that's just what everyone says cause they are from here. It is absolutely true. Upon my first burger experience at Nick's, I get what all the fuss is about... And it makes sense! Whether at an SDSU game or downtown, you have to have one... And you won't be able to just have one either! See ehat the fuss is about for yourself!

1  Thank cdog612

Been to Nick's Hamburger Shop? Share your experiences!