“best ice cream I have EVER had”

SDSU Dairy Sales Bar
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Brookings
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were exploring the state of South Dakota in June of 2008 (the date above was the earliest date available to post from) Our first night, we stopped in Brookings, a small university town that was very charming and clean. when we checked into our hotel, we asked the front desk what kinds of attractions there were in Brookings that we just couldn't miss. Without missing a beat she replied, "Dairy Bar, across town on the South Dakota State University campus". So we drove across town (really only a few minutes away) and found the Dairy Bar. This little shop also sells cheese made from milk obtained from the herd of milk cows owned by the University. The "Farm" owned by the University and ran by Agriculture students raises cows for the educational experience, and uses the milk from the cows to supply the college cafeteria and to make cheese and ice cream. I had butter brickle while my kids had strawberry cheesecake, chocolate and mint chocolate chip. This is worth the 8 hour drive but I really wish there was a way I could have brought some home.

4  Thank familyoffiveMissouri