All reviewsqueen charlotte trackfamily roomfriendly hostsshort drivegreat showera great place to staythe kitchenmelissamotelbackpackerspictonfacilitiesunitinternethammocks
Reviewed 6 December 2015

I arrived late and reception was manned by young son of the family, a warm welcome and courteous (parent should be proud of his first time at reception). A lovely room, with shared facilities, very clean and well maintained. Large sitting room with well equipped kitchen and dining room beside it.
The drive from Picton is very picturesque with narrow winding roads so don't rush the journey.

Room Tip: all looked good
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Adam & Melissa are wonderful people. When I arrived home I discovered I had left my phone at the motel. Adam and Melissa went out of their way to locate it, courier it to me and all at no cost, reuniting me with my lifeline. The world needs more people like them.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank stewartclan2015
Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed two nights. Melissa and Adam couldn't do enough for us. If you are wanting a quiet sleep in beautiful surroundings, this is the place to stay in Marlborough. They will help you plan and book your daily excursions. We will be back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Well, there is a lot to say/write. We have visited this motel for many times during our first stay in NZ (1999-2006) and our second stay October 2013 until now. I think it was for about 15 times, which might explain enough, we suppose.

During our first visit we had no complaints at all. During the second visit and so on we were also happy, and even built up a nice contact with our hosts Linsely and Keith. It was always nice coming back in a peaceful, absolute clean place with these two caring persons.

It was only three visits ago, when we were sadly informed that Linsely and Keith went into another direction in their lives. We were sad, they were happy. We congratulated them in their new house with a bottle to celebrate.

We supposed this might be the end of our Linkwater peaceful peace of rest and comfort, during our trips from the North to the South.

This positively turned out to be completely different. The new hosts, Melissa and Adam, are in charge now. And even after two visits lately, we were able to make a bond again with the Linkwater motel.

We have to mention, without any negative remarks at all about our more than pleasant stays in the past, that Ingrid and I are very much impressed about all the new creative ideas and improvements, in even artistic details! Melissa and Adam were even able to make it even a more perfect place to stay.

In about six weeks we have to make the passage again over the Coock Straight again. And for us there is no doubt what we will book again. Very early; because there might be good readers amongst you.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Motel Linkwater is an excellent choice in combination with the ferry in Picton. It's a quiet spot with great views of the mountains on Queen Charlotte Drive. The hosts are absolutely lovely. The room is a good size, tidy, spotless and well equipped. The bathroom is spacious and comfortable with a good shower. We required safe parking for our classic car and they were more than happy to provide us with that.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple