“Special Rx”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Fort Collins
“Special Rx”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Loved our stay in Deadwood for the marathon. Staff was great about info on shuttles, finding adjacent rooms, putting out breakfast early, and happily answering a multitude of questions. Rooms were clean and newly decorated---and we could open windows for fresh air! :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
LORI L, General Manager at Super 8 Deadwood, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
The Deadwood Super 8 staff is thrilled to see that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind words on the services you received from our staff. The Annual MIckelson Trail Marathon is one our favorite events is Deadwood. Our customers love to sit on our deck and listen Whitewood Creek and watch all the marathon runners on the Mickelson trail located directly behind our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next June for the marathon.

Deadwood Super 8 - A "Super Star" Property
Mention TripAdvisor when you make your reservation and receive a Free Personal Pan Pizza!
(605) 578-2535

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We arrived at the Motel on 5/8/2014. We checked into a creek side room and it was very tastefully decorated and very clean.We walked around to check everything out. The next morning The breakfast was very good. I then walked into the casino and I met (as I called him) Wild Bill. We talked a lot and I took a couple of pictures of him. The pool area is very nice although we hadn't planned on swimming.The location is perfect and the whole staff very informative We enjoyed our stay and LOVED Deadwood !.

Room Tip: The Creek side rooms are very quiet !
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leonard U
Thank you for leaving such a kind review of the Deadwood Super 8. We appreciate your kind words about "Wild Bill" (aka, John) he is definitely a wonderful personality at the casino. We are glad you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms, it is fun to everything new. The Deadwood Super 8 has the most tranquil location in Deadwood you can view the Mickelson Trail and Whitewood Creek right from our beautiful deck. We look forward to your next visit.

Deadwood Super 8 - A "Super Star" Property
Mention TripAdvsior when you make your reservation & receive a Free Person Pan Pizza!
(605) 578-2535
Maplewood, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights along with my 13 year old brother. We were pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff were extremely courteous and informative, especially Beverly. Our room was extremely clean, decorated nice and the room was spacious with one king bed and one double bed. The beds were very comfortable and the bed linens were clean and soft. The continental breakfast was nice, better than most and I was glad to see that they do have hard boiled eggs as well as the "carb" loaded typical continental breakfast foods. I am a diabetic and it is important that I have some protein to balance my carbs. The pool was nice and clean, goes from 2 feet to 9 feet fairly quickly though. The hot tub was also clean. They have a small casino attached that will serve free tap/draft beer if you are playing. I did like that my younger brother was allowed to be in the casino with us until 10pm, as long as he stood about 3 feet behind the machines. He liked that as he wanted to watch us gamble a bit. My favorite part of the hotel was the outside deck area over looking a rapid moving creek. It was very pretty and a nice place to rest and talk about our days adventures. They also have a trolley service in Deadwood that runs about 16-20 hours per day, making stops at many local hotels about every 30 minutes to bring you to downtown Deadwood. This was a nice added feature as it was nice to not have to worry about trying to find a place to park downtown...and my husband and I could have a drink at dinner. The trolley cost $1 per person each way. Totally worth it. If you are planning on staying in Deadwood, need a reasonably priced hotel and are looking for cleanliness and great customer service....this is your place. My only recommendation would be to have a small arcade area or something for younger customers to do, Deadwood is definitely geared toward an over 21 crowd.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Christina E
Glenview, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel in a king room. Room was very clean, bed was comfortable. It has a large pool (9ft at the deepest) and a nice hot tub. The area is kept very clean. The only think I didn't like was that the pool area connects the casino to the main hotel, and the wall between the casino and pool is glass windows so it made me feel quite exposed while in the pool. We also had to ask the front desk for towels for the pool and had to return them back to them when we were done. They seem very attached to their linens as they also have a sign posted in the bathroom as to how much you have to pay if lines items go missing. I thought this was kind of weird, and having to ask for pool towels slightly inconvenient. The hotel itself is located off the main Deadwood strip, so we did have to drive into town (or one could take the trolley). It offers free breakfast, but we did not eat at the hotel at all

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple