“Great view and great location”

Deadwood Gulch Resort
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
“Great view and great location”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Stayed here for a couple days after reading some of the reviews, and it was everything I had hoped. Make sure you request a creekside room, the view is amazing. They also include a real breakfast at the restaurant next door, which has outdoor creekside seating. I don't gamble much and with so much to do in the area I did not try out the casino. There is a hot tub but no pool, and again I was too busy to make use of it. The staff were friendly and rates were reasonable as well. I also liked that it is a little ways out of town so you are away from the crowds, but only a couple minutes drive to get downtown, and parking there is cheap. I would definitely stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We all think our location is pretty special but you have to drive by all the other hotels to get here so we consider it one of Deadwoods secret spots. I'm so glad we were able to meet your expectations. It's important to us to help you enjoy your vacation since these days they seem all too short and not often enough. That being said, I hope you are able to vacation often and enjoy life! Thank you again for your kind words and for chosing us as your Deadwood hotel.
-Tracy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We had planned a large wedding at the Deadwood Gulch. They were wonderful to work with. They did everything I asked and then some. I wasn't satisfied with their menu so I created my own and they said "no problem" and didn't even charge me extra. They were easy to work with when reserving the rooms and also helped me switch my parents around to a pet friendly room so we could have our dog there. Eric and his team are great to work with. The hotel rooms are decent - nothing special. I was given the Olivia Suite for free because we had rented out the entire hotel. They treated us very well and were always attentive. I appreciate them conforming to the needs of our wedding and would recommend this venue.

Room Tip: If you want to bring a pet make sure you request a pet friendly room. Not all rooms allow dogs.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Resort, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. The staff here is fantastic and to have that affirmed on such a public forum is very rewarding. It's also nice to hear we helped to make your special day even more special! Health and happiness to you and yours.
Kind Regards,
Tracy
Wausau
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the Deadwood Gulch Resort for 23 straight years, sometimes twice a year. We are extremely pleased with the establishment, food, gaming and especially our many staff friends which we have come to know over these many years. A creekside room has been a must these many years which lulls us to sleep after a long day driving in the hills or playing the ever-changing machines. As we've aged, we now appreciate the affordable small suite which is so comfortable for our always seven-night stay. The Creekside Restaurant has wonderful choices, good food, and so handy. The parking lot is very large and flat so we don't have to be mountain goats to get to the Lodge. We cannot say enough about the wonderful hospitality shown to us every time we stay and play. The bar area is so pleasant and the patio, creekside, is even more so to just sit outdoors and enjoy the weather and ever-running creek. We highly recommend The Gulch as your headquarters when staying in the Black Hills. Everything is just a pleasant short drive away, and returning to the Deadwood Gulch Resort for the night is fabulous!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for creekside, if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary K
I could respond with equally wonderful accolades about you! It's a pleasure serving such wonderful guests! We are blessed to have so many return visitors. See you in September!
-Tracy
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 10 May 2012

In Deadwood overnight because of work- wanted to stay away from downtown noise and distractions and the Deadwood Gulch was suggested. I've gambled there before, but not stayed there until last night.

Excellent choice to stay at if you want to have a relaxing stay; rooms are good; check in staff (Wes & Keith) went out of their ways to find a replacement phone charger and some miscellaneous "stuff" I forgot; Cocktail server (Cary) was on her "A" game in the evening while I invested; Breakfast in the morning was a plateful of food and the food / beverage director (Don) checked on all the tables to make sure things were as they should be. I've NEVER seen that at another resort-

This is a pleasant place to stay if you want to get away from the downtown distractions and noise- with tour buses coming in from Williston & Gillette, it can get a bit rowdy downtown- The Deadwood Gulch is away from downtown, yet very easy to find and also on the shuttle route. Party down town, rest up here.

The final decision, though, is: would I stay here again? Yes. I usually stay at another location in Deadwood, but I'll probably switch my reservations to here.

Room Tip: If you need a lot of plug ins, bring a power strip; even number rooms are creekside, odd number grou...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Mills, WY
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We just were married on Friday April 27th and stayed at Deadwood Gulch Resort for our Honeymoon!!!! We were treated so wonderful by the friendly staff and the room was amazing! We loved the creek running by our window...the room was so very clean and comfortable. We loved the lucky ducky and the special touches like the handwritten note, basket and champagne. We had the Best time and will be back again soon! Thank you again for everything! Mr. and Mrs. Mooney

Room Tip: Ask for creek side it is so peaceful!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon M
Regina, Saskatchewa Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Hi and once agin writing firstly to appologize for a couple of typo errors in the last posting of March 4/2011 and to say that once again as promised we are returning to the Gulch and to Deadwood to partake and enjoy the hospitality that we were so pleased with in the past. We are truly looking forward to our return visit. (hopefully a little luck on the machines as well)

Room Tip: We are truly hoping to once again enjoy a room that is on the second floor and looks out towards the...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ReginaCobbs
All across the U.S.
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is a nice little resort/casino. Great parking. Kind of fun entering through the casino to get to the lobby desk for check in. Nice game choices and we were one of the lucky ones who came away winners! Rooms are a little outdated, but who wants luxury when you're "headin out west!" Cute little rubber duck is placed on your bath tub. Kids loved that. Gaming was good, dealers helpful and smiling. Dining room offered a nice choice of breakfast choices. Within walking distance of downtown if you have the stamina. We'll be back again. Also viewed the "dead wood" trees on the top of the hill which helped I guess to give it it's name. Only negative was that I traveled here 20 years ago and they kept open the bar downtown where wild bill died with his "dead man's card hand". It's not there anymore. Really think the Chamber should open it up again as a bar with statues of wild bill hickock and others playing the card game. It would be a good tourist attraction.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms overlooking the stream/gulch. Nice to hear the soft flowing stream. Also chec...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple