Deadwood Gulch Resort
Cedar Wood Inn(Deadwood)
  • Restaurant
Deadwood Dick's(Deadwood)
View Hotel
Hickok's Hotel & Gaming(Deadwood)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscreekside restaurantcreek sideteddy bearfree breakfastbabbling brookmickelson trailbus triproom was cleanparking lothot tubplace to staycasino staffsmall casinoevery hourslot machinestrolley stopsthe staff was great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Arrived at the Gulch late in the evening and were greeted by the same gentleman that helped me book our room over the phone. I knew it was him because I recognized his friendly demeanour and charm. As requested, he advised that there was a playpen waiting in our dog friendly room that was on the creek side of the hotel. The room itself was a standard hotel room with 2 queen beds and a flat screen- missing was a fridge. One phone call and it was up to the room within minutes. The beds were comfortable and clean as was the bathroom which looked like it had recent updates. The property was clean and had the Deadwood charm to it. We aren't much of gamblers but had fun in the smaller style casino. A bonus to this property is the Gulch/creek patio area- a small grassed area with seating, gas fire pit, and creek access- our toddler and dog loved it. Live music and bbq hamburgers on select nights. Breakfast is included with the stay, three options are available. We all enjoyed it. The property is greater than walking distance from downtown, however there is a $1 trolley ride available or a quick 2 minute car ride. The staff is amazing and extremely helpful and polite. All in all, I would stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Request a creek side room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I recently won a free night at the Gulch. When I booked my room, they up~graded me to a suite!!! That in itself was amazing, but the treatment & service provided to me during my stay was incredible!!! From Luci, to Dave,to Don, to Neal, to Laura, I couldn't (nor needed to) want for ANYTHING!!! I have stayed at a lot of motels , but hands down have NEVER been treated better!!! I recommend The Deadwood Gulch to anyone who likes to be treated special, & win money!!! Thank you all so much!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank laudiedaw
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Was clean and the staff was helpful. Got woken up by a nearby room turning on the water - that was louder then I thought it should be for a mid-scale hotel. Free breakfast had 3 choices served in the restaurant which was a bonus. A little out of town so you have to drive to Deadwood and pay to park or ride the trolley (costs $1 each person each way).
Overall was good but not great.

Room Tip: Ask for creekside since you do not hear parking lot noises then.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Located away from the main street casino's, this hotel is a nice change from the busy streets of downtown. The rooms are very nice and clean and the beds are comfortable. The casino is not too big, but that is a plus. The machines pay out good and they offer free munchies (chips, pretzels, salsa, popcorn, coffee, soda) to all players. The cocktail servers always make sure you have a drink and make rounds often. The casino offers a chance to play in slot tournaments and has hourly hot seat drawings where you can win money on your players card. We love the staff! Everyone is friendly and smiling. The hotel (upon check-in) gives you a coupon for a free breakfast. This is NOT a grab~n~go breakfast. It's an actual sit down in a restaurant and eat a good meal breakfast. Each day you stay, breakfast is included! (just ask the front desk for a coupon each morning) The hotel has a jacuzzi and offers a place to have a nice wedding surrounded by hills, trees and a little water stream. My husband and I love this hotel and stay here everytime we go to Deadwood. The price is right and they even let you take the little rubber duckie that sits on the bathtub home.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the bottom floor. it's easier to get around
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HeckofaDeal
traveler1294, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you SO MUCH for such a favorable review and actually noticing all we do for our guests. Our staff is superb in customer service and it shows when we get such favorable reviews from our guests. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

very good, friendly staff. Clean rooms. Great complimentary breakfast. Great rates. We used the Convention Center, too, for a wedding. Everybody connected with the Center, staff, chef, absolutely went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Beautiful facility. Everybody should have a wedding there. Thank you all very much!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sandy S

We really take pride in our wedding venue at our convention center as well as our staff. It is staged so beautifully for weddings and is so easy to customize our menu that we continue to get great reviews from wedding parties. We are glad you though so too. Thank you so much.