Deadwood Gulch Resort
The Hotel by Gold Dust(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
Comfort Inn and Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
ComfortInn
Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$49
Holiday Inn Express Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$78
Bullock Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$50
Agoda.com
SpringHill Suites Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$50
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
The Lodge at Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$82
Super 8 Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$92
US$89
Priceline
All reviewscreekside restaurantcreek sideteddy bearfree breakfastbabbling brookmickelson trailbus triproom was cleanparking lothot tubplace to staycasino staffsmall casinoevery hourslot machinestrolley stopsthe staff was great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A few weeks ago, my family and I made arrangements to stay at your hotel. We reserved three rooms and when we arrived we checked in and were ready to relax and have a great time in Deadwood. Unfortunately, one of our family members was not able to access the second floor room and there were no other rooms available. The hotel attendant quickly made other accommodations for us at a nearby hotel. We were very impressed that she was able to make a disappointing situation positive for us. We would highly recommend your hotel's customer service and will try to stay again in the future. Thank you!

Room Tip: If you need access to an elevator, be sure to specify that at the time of your reservation. Some second floor rooms are only accessible by stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay so much we booked an extra night. Great staff. Great breakfast. Great location. Loved the live entertainment during the backyard BBQ and s'mores for the kids. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I knew the second I walked in this hotel I wasn't going to like it. The front door leads into the casino, and then to the "front desk". Extremely small front desk area, cluttered, somewhat unorganized. The person who helped us seemed like she had no idea what was going on and was talking to other employees while we stood there and waited to be checked in. After checking in we took the elevator to second floor. After one ride in the elevator we used the stairs the rest of the stay. Elevator was old and unclean. Let's move on the the SMELL. This hotel smells as if they have sprayed an air freshener from the 80's EVERYWHERE. The hallways by the rooms, inside the rooms, everywhere smells like a horrendous old air fresher. Next, the rooms are nothing special at all. Standard. The only thing I liked about the room was the view of the creek out back and that is IT. The biggest issue I had with this hotel was the service in the casino/bar. I played a machine for over 15 minutes and was never approached for a drink. Finally after looking everywhere for a server we decided to just go up to the bar for a drink. There was a girl behind the bar that asked what we needed, so we said we wanted a beer, she proceeds to say oh I can't help you with that i'm sorry, but the bartender should be back shortly. Uhhh...ok? So we wait and wait, and finally someone shows up after about 5 minutes. What kind of casino is this?!?! We could barely get a drink!! This hotel/casino/resort (resort- HAHA) is a complete joke! Not to mention we witnessed an employee cleaning out the popcorn machine with a shop vac. The hose from a disgusting vacuum cleaner was INSIDE THE POPCORN MACHINE! Oh and the Creekside restaurant is also a joke. Food was cold, tiny dining area, old booths. So basically I was extremely disappointed with this entire place. If you are considering staying here I highly highly suggest looking somewhere else!!! It is the reviews on this site and other sites that basically tricked me into thinking this is a nice place. This place was terrible!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Whitney672
traveler1294, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Our property was built in the 1980's so we cannot compete with the brand new locations, however as you can see from our numerous reviews, we are clean and have a staff that i would put up against any other business. Our employees are attentive, helpful, and courteous. Our elevator is cleaned daily as well as all common areas. As far as the popcorn machine, we do have a small shop vac that is dedicated strictly for the popcorn machine. All debris are removed by the vacuum to avoid burning left over kernels and then the machine is sanitized. I can understand your false perception. Again I am sorry for your negative experience, but it appears you had made up your mind the second you walked in the door.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

For starters, we ended up in a smoking room, because I didn't specify non since I am so accustomed to the norm being non-smoking. That said, it did have the strong smell of smoke masked by air freshener, but it was not as bad as it could have been. I wish they would have let me know it was a smoking room, though. The setting is beautiful, with a wide, lighted trail to run or walk. The river outside is gorgeous. The breakfast was ok. The price was pretty good, and the man who checked me in was friendly. The other staff was accommodating but seemed unhappy in their jobs. I guess for the price, it was fine. No real complaints, but just had a feeling of being a little run down, but adequate for the price range.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aubry D
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our trip to South Dakota. The resort staff were very helpful and courteous. Everything you need is ready available. We saw Mt. Rushmore, The Black Hills Caverns, Custer State Park (what a beautiful drive that was).We took the Alkali Ike bus tour and had a blast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple