“Quiet and Convenient”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Quiet and Convenient”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My young grandsons and I spent two nights here and it was adequate for our needs. The rooms were clean and quiet, the beds comfortable. The room wasn't fancy but it had what we needed: a small refrigerator, hot shower, and the breakfast at the restaurant was perfect.
What I wasn't happy about was that we had to walk through part of the casino area to get to the front desk. The smoke and casino activities weren't what I had planned for my grandsons, but it wasn't a big issue. The room was quiet, so we had no complaints there. Wish they had a pool, tho!

Room Tip: rooms at back look at a nice little stream rather than the parking lot and road.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank flbwi
traveler1294, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Sounds like you had a great getaway with the grand kids. We do have a hot tub that the kids might have enjoyed or an outing on the back porch along the creek if they weren't toddlers. Unfortunately you do have to pass through part of the casino to get to the front desk, however our casino and all of our rooms are non-smoking. Overall it sounds like you had a nice weekend to spend some quality time with the grand kids.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Woodstock, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This year was the 2nd year in a row that we came out the week before the Sturgis Rally and we had an awesome time, I had requested the same room I had last year and was so surprised to see it had been remodeled with a King Size bed and refrigerator as well as removal of the patio door and closing up then opening. The room was serviced immaculately everyday and I couldn't have been more pleased.
I have already made tentative reservations for next year the week before the rally only difference is I have requested a different room., not because I didn't like room 127 just want a room on the parking lot side with an exit to the exterior.

I loved staying at Deadwood Gulch Resort and look forward to coming out again next year,

Bill Odom

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

So glad to here you enjoyed your visit for the Sturgis Rally. The weather actually didn't cooperate very well, so hope you got in a few good rides. Thanks so much for your review and we hope to see you again next year!
mn.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at Deadwood Gulch over the Corvette Rally weekend. We were very impressed with the service, especially one very friendly waitress during the day who was always there seeing if we needed anything. The free breakfast was a great start to our day. Awesome patio with peacefull creek running along side. We will definitely be going back.

2 Thank donmeyer506
Panora, Iowa
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Deadwood Gulch looks quite ordinary when you first drive in, but once we got acquainted with the staff and got to our room, we were ready to enjoy our three-day stay. The hot breakfast was nice, the bubbling stream right outside our window and the walking path (with bunnies) were a great treat. We enjoyed the patio meal and entertainment. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. We enjoyed the trolley into Deadwood.
The only thing that bothered me was the room freshener - it was a little overpowering when you first walked into the room.
I thought is was a bargain for the $$. We plan to stay there again.
Thanks to all the nice, helpful staff.
Paul & Linda

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda W
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A few weeks ago, my family and I made arrangements to stay at your hotel. We reserved three rooms and when we arrived we checked in and were ready to relax and have a great time in Deadwood. Unfortunately, one of our family members was not able to access the second floor room and there were no other rooms available. The hotel attendant quickly made other accommodations for us at a nearby hotel. We were very impressed that she was able to make a disappointing situation positive for us. We would highly recommend your hotel's customer service and will try to stay again in the future. Thank you!

Room Tip: If you need access to an elevator, be sure to specify that at the time of your reservation. Some se...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ebenezer
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay so much we booked an extra night. Great staff. Great breakfast. Great location. Loved the live entertainment during the backyard BBQ and s'mores for the kids. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I knew the second I walked in this hotel I wasn't going to like it. The front door leads into the casino, and then to the "front desk". Extremely small front desk area, cluttered, somewhat unorganized. The person who helped us seemed like she had no idea what was going on and was talking to other employees while we stood there and waited to be checked in. After checking in we took the elevator to second floor. After one ride in the elevator we used the stairs the rest of the stay. Elevator was old and unclean. Let's move on the the SMELL. This hotel smells as if they have sprayed an air freshener from the 80's EVERYWHERE. The hallways by the rooms, inside the rooms, everywhere smells like a horrendous old air fresher. Next, the rooms are nothing special at all. Standard. The only thing I liked about the room was the view of the creek out back and that is IT. The biggest issue I had with this hotel was the service in the casino/bar. I played a machine for over 15 minutes and was never approached for a drink. Finally after looking everywhere for a server we decided to just go up to the bar for a drink. There was a girl behind the bar that asked what we needed, so we said we wanted a beer, she proceeds to say oh I can't help you with that i'm sorry, but the bartender should be back shortly. Uhhh...ok? So we wait and wait, and finally someone shows up after about 5 minutes. What kind of casino is this?!?! We could barely get a drink!! This hotel/casino/resort (resort- HAHA) is a complete joke! Not to mention we witnessed an employee cleaning out the popcorn machine with a shop vac. The hose from a disgusting vacuum cleaner was INSIDE THE POPCORN MACHINE! Oh and the Creekside restaurant is also a joke. Food was cold, tiny dining area, old booths. So basically I was extremely disappointed with this entire place. If you are considering staying here I highly highly suggest looking somewhere else!!! It is the reviews on this site and other sites that basically tricked me into thinking this is a nice place. This place was terrible!!

3 Thank Whitney672
traveler1294, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Our property was built in the 1980's so we cannot compete with the brand new locations, however as you can see from our numerous reviews, we are clean and have a staff that i would put up against any other business. Our employees are attentive, helpful, and courteous. Our elevator is cleaned daily as well as all common areas. As far as the popcorn machine, we do have a small shop vac that is dedicated strictly for the popcorn machine. All debris are removed by the vacuum to avoid burning left over kernels and then the machine is sanitized. I can understand your false perception. Again I am sorry for your negative experience, but it appears you had made up your mind the second you walked in the door.