“Nice little hotel and gaming area.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort

Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Nice little hotel and gaming area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We took a mini trip to SD and stayed 3 nights at this hotel while touring all the sites in the area. Fairly quite rooms with decent bedding. Yes the place is a little dated but not bad. The front desk staff was especially friendly and helpful. I had some good luck in the gaming area a couple evenings. Not fabulous but at least I won a little bit. Drinks are provided for players with their casino gaming card. Breakfast was fast and good. We would stay there again. Price was not too bad considering summer in Deadwood.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jeaninelouise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Rolled into town for the 2014 Sturgis Rally. My first visit to the Blackhills and Sturgis was made very pleasant with the serene accommodations.
Close enough to the Sturgis action, just 12 miles away, but far enough to enjoy the distinct Main Street activities and old town charm of Deadwood.
The Deadwood Gulch located in a small casino has a great, quiet sitting area and campfire area out back along a bustling little creek. At night I could open my window to hear to flow of the water over the rocks which assured a quiet night of rest after a fun day of riding the Blackhills.
In the morning you are served a complimentary first rate breakfast at the on-site Restaurant. Fabulous choice of 3 different breakfast dishes. I tried all three over the 4 day stay and non disappointed.
Be prepared for a slightly dated room and the Hallway carpet and decor could be updated, but look beyond that to see the secret gems within this excellent hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and always available to point you in the right direction.
Oh, almost forgot, the staff set up a bike wash location complete with a water point, hose, buckets, cleaning towels, and soap so all the bikes could flash their best chrome around the hills, and down in town, during the Rally!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
1 Thank Blackhills_Rider
traveler1294, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Glad you enjoyed your first rally and your stay with us. We know we are a little dated, so our prices generally are less than downtown, but we feel we have the perfect natural location and accommodations for a nice stay without all the hustle and bustle of downtown Deadwood or Sturgis. Hope to see you back next year!
Lakewood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent a night at Deadwood Gulch with our grandchildren in July, 2014. Our room was large, comfortable, and very clean. We also enjoyed a complimentary breakfast in the cafe the next morning which was very good. The casino in the lobby area was an added bonus. We will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality

2 Thank Bonnie D
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This has been my hotel of choice for the third year in a row when in Deadwood. I enjoy my stay in this clean and well maintained hotel. The staff is pleasant and helpful. In a nice location close to town via a short trolley ride. A mid sized hotel which is self contained with a restaurant, gift shop, casino, bar, hot tub, outdoor patio with a creek side view. I always feel at home here. I just hope they will find me a room for the 2015 Sturgis rally, lol.

Room Tip: I enjoy a creek side room. They are quieter. I enjoy having the window open and hearing the trickle...

2 Thank Dirk C
Hastings, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

2 day stay on Sun and Mon. Beautiful area with alot of history. Not too far from downtown with a very good restaurant next door. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Nice hot showers with soft water also.

Room Tip: Some rooms exit to the parking lot.

2 Thank Robert J
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My young grandsons and I spent two nights here and it was adequate for our needs. The rooms were clean and quiet, the beds comfortable. The room wasn't fancy but it had what we needed: a small refrigerator, hot shower, and the breakfast at the restaurant was perfect.
What I wasn't happy about was that we had to walk through part of the casino area to get to the front desk. The smoke and casino activities weren't what I had planned for my grandsons, but it wasn't a big issue. The room was quiet, so we had no complaints there. Wish they had a pool, tho!

Room Tip: rooms at back look at a nice little stream rather than the parking lot and road.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank flbwi
Sounds like you had a great getaway with the grand kids. We do have a hot tub that the kids might have enjoyed or an outing on the back porch along the creek if they weren't toddlers. Unfortunately you do have to pass through part of the casino to get to the front desk, however our casino and all of our rooms are non-smoking. Overall it sounds like you had a nice weekend to spend some quality time with the grand kids.
Woodstock, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This year was the 2nd year in a row that we came out the week before the Sturgis Rally and we had an awesome time, I had requested the same room I had last year and was so surprised to see it had been remodeled with a King Size bed and refrigerator as well as removal of the patio door and closing up then opening. The room was serviced immaculately everyday and I couldn't have been more pleased.
I have already made tentative reservations for next year the week before the rally only difference is I have requested a different room., not because I didn't like room 127 just want a room on the parking lot side with an exit to the exterior.

I loved staying at Deadwood Gulch Resort and look forward to coming out again next year,

Bill Odom

Location
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

So glad to here you enjoyed your visit for the Sturgis Rally. The weather actually didn't cooperate very well, so hope you got in a few good rides. Thanks so much for your review and we hope to see you again next year!