Black Hills Inn & Suites
The Hotel by Gold Dust(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
Comfort Inn & Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
ComfortInn
Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$49
Holiday Inn Express Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$78
US$50
Hotels.com
Iron Horse Inn(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$56
Mineral Palace Hotel and Gaming(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$98
Super 8 Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$92
US$89
Priceline
Celebrity Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelocity
All reviewsblack hillssleep showerbagels and cream cheesetrolley routean older hotelper nighttrolley serviceclean roomsdefinitely stay here againdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I have stayed here 3 different times over the past year. The staff has always been friendly and willing to help. It is on the trolly system and makes it easy to get into down town with out having to find a place to park. It could use some up dating. Rooms have been clean and the suites are very spacious. The double room was a little cramped but we don't spend a lot of time in a hotel room. Just want a good clean place to sleep and shower and this is the place without spending a lot. I will be back. There is a pool but we have never used it we are always off sightseeing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Ok, yeah, I have read some of these reviews below and am shocked that anyone could call Joe or any of the staff rude - no way possible. If you want quiet, views and squeaky clean accommodations-this is the place. Yes the rooms are small, but we paid $39.95 per night and intended on only staying 1 night and moving on. Because of Black Hills Inn, we ended up staying here and made our day trips from Deadwood instead. The pool is huge and the hot tub hot. We liked that the parking lot is off road in sort of a compund across a bridge. We had purchase goods that were exposed in our pick up truck and never felt like we had to worry about them at Black Hills Inn. Sure, if you like citified type hotels with loads of junk breakfast food, key cards, 3 story buildings with smoke flavored, long hallways - don't stay here. For us, we will return to this lodging and totally recommend Joe and his staff as a most memorable part of our trip to the Black Hills and Deadwood.

Room Tip: There isn't really a bad room and what's great is that it is entirely NON SMOKING.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Long story short...Joe the "owner" is very rude!! After reading all the recent comments, I am not the only one who had a yelling episode with him! Last time I checked I AM the customer. Also it seems that Joe only comments back to the bad reviews with excuses that shows how much of an angry man he is! I had mouse droppings along with dust and hair in the top drawer and nothing was done about it!!! Even after I had told him, the room was made up the next day but the drawer was not cleaned! I even brought him in there upon check out and he still had an excuse!! "oh...how could a mouse get up there" Well Joe....mice are sneaky and can get anywhere! I do have to say the young lady who I spoke with on the phone and checked us in when we arrived was nice. Her name is Lancy or Lacey...something like that. My husband and I went to Deadwood to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary...only to be disappointed by our choice of motels! I really wish now I had read the reviews here before we booked!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nixxy01
BHIS-Manager, Manager at Black Hills Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

This guest proved to be extremely difficult and has her own reality.
She woke me up at 1:00 a.m. in the morning, extremely rude and demanding coffee for her room when no where do we advertise coffee pots or coffee in our standard rooms. This was the first time in five years that we have been here that someone has done this.
Next morning, she made the complaint as she stated but did not show anyone. At checkout, after the guests showed us exactly what they were looking at, we took and examined the material microscopically and determined the material to be three very small pieces of debris and not what is stated in her complaint. There were also a couple hairs but sorry to say, drawers in even the best hotels do not get cleaned every use.
If this guest expects five star treatment, next time she can go pay for five star treatment.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is by far the worst experience I have EVER had when staying at a motel. We had locked the deadbolt on our door for the night and my daughter had left some things she needed in the car. She tried to leave the room but the deadbolt would not budge. We tried for quite some time to open the deadbolt but it wouldn't budge. She removed the screen from the window which broke in the process and went to get help. We had attempted to call the front desk at least twenty if not more times and never got an answer. I tried calling the phone number for the hotel and never got an answer. We had to have a police officer call to see if he could help us. He had to climb through the window into the room and he attempted to open the deadbolt but could not get it to budge. He felt this was a safety/fire issue and he was able to get a number to contact the night manager or owner who had to climb through the window, remove the deadbolt with a screwdriver so we could get out. He was extremely rude to us about the incident and instead of appologizing to us for the terrible experience, he blamed us like we had done something to the deadbolt. I get home and find out they have charged $20.00 additional dollars to my credit card for the screen which I fully intend to dispute. On top of all that....the price I was quoted for the room when I had called approximately two weeks prior was not what they charged. They charged almost $20.00 over what I was quoted....For a little extra money...I recommend finding another motel that isn't so outdated and far from town and the manager isn't rude and disrespectful to clients.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Christine M
BHIS-Manager, Manager at Black Hills Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Guest pegged this right as a disaster stay. Guests were extremely intoxicated, came in at 3 a.m. and managed to jam the deadbolt in the extended position. With this, they managed to disturb many other guests with their loud voices, forcing and pounding on the door, which likely is the cause of the jammed deadbolt. Additionally, they managed to break the screen to shreds although the screen is easily removed by releasing two pins. Guest was so intoxicated, she was unable to show the manager how the door worked.
Guest was charged the rate that was quoted to them over the phone. In addition, they were charged only $20 for screen replacement.
For some reason, this guest believes it is OK to become intoxicated, damage property, disturb others and assume no liability for their actions.
Guest is welcome, behaviors such as this are not welcome and will not be tolerated.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Cannot tell you how much I loved this place. The suite was more than I could have asked for. Lots of living area; including couch, recliner, flat screen tv. Kitchen was equipped with everything one needs on vacation. The bed slept great. Everything was clean, comfy and cozy.
What made it especially great is you could walk outside to the picnic area with a stream running next to it, sit in the swing and just enjoy the beauty of it all. Or you could hop on the trolley which runs every 20 minutes and head into Deadwood for shopping, entertainment and some great food and fun!! No driving necessary!! It is simply a perfect set-up.
And after a night of festivities, it was nice to wake up and walk out to the quaint, inviting breakfast area, where the owners were very helpful and would offer any info you needed for the surrounding area.
Oh! The pool and hot tub were definitely a plus, also.
Will be returning without a doubt!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family