“Great place to stay”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was the nicest place we have stayed in years. The price was right, the room was so very clean, big and comfortable. The people were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was super. Great variety and plenty of it. I would stay there again anytime I am in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay anywhere but the Deadwood Comfort Inn!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Dawn L, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Deadwood Comfort Inn & Suites. We are pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our newly remodeled rooms. Our staff really takes to heart the value that their attention provides in helping to make every guest's stay a memorable one. I am so pleased that you feel they did a great job. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Deadwood area!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for one night and although it's out of the main town, there is a shuttle and a trolley that run in and out of town. The shuttle was complimentary and the trolley was only $1 per ride so still good value. There was free parking on site and the hotel had a casino attached.

The room had 2 queen beds and was spacious and very comfortable.

The breakfast was satisfactory.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn L, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Deadwood Comfort Inn. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our shuttle and trolley options to and frm Main Street Deadwood. Being located a little bit off the Main Street strip is a great feature. Not only do you get to enjoy the fantastic scenery and adjacent creek, one can also easily access the Mickelson Trail for a pleasant walk or bike trip.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I have stayed here twice while attending events that last past our normal bed time. This property is updated and clean, with cozy rooms and pillow top beds. Both times we've stayed they had biscuits and sausage gravy. The biscuits are top quality and not stale, and the gravy is as good as it gets--thick and rich with plenty of sausage.

I have to give a shout out for the woman who tends the breakfast bar and dining area. She has been there during both our visits and goes the extra mile. On this visit, there was an elderly grandfather busy with two young grandsons. She helped him out by making the waffle and serving it to the younger child, smiling all the way. People like her brighten the day and draw return customer visits, particularly for chain hotels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn L, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at the Deadwood Comfort Inn & Suites. We are pleased that you enjoyed the new updates to our room. Many of our guests like our bedding so much that they want to know where they can buy it so they can bring this comfort to their own beds.

Our staff take their jobs of providing the best possible service to all of our guests very serious. Donna, our breakfast attendant, has a way of getting everyone's day off to a great start. I will be sure to let her know how her service was appreciated.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Deadwood. Thanks again for your positive words - they encourage all of us to do the best job possible!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel in Deadwood. The staff was so nice and professional and the room was just perfect. We also had a wonderful breakfast. The lady taking care of the food (Donna) did an outstanding job. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in Deadwood. We plan on staying here whenever we are in Deadwood.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn L, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at the Deadwood Comfort Inn & Suites. We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience. Our staff tries very hard to make that they do everything within their ability to create a great stay for each of our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with them to help them realize how important their efforts were. Thank you again and we look forwar to seeing you again the next time to come to the historic town of Deadwood!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed two nights at Comfort Inn Deadwood SD. Had stayed there several years ago, and it was nice, but this visit it had just recently been refurbished. The check in clerk "John" even offered to help us unload! Requested room close to laundry facility, on the way showing me to the room, he showed me the pool/hot tub area! I was so impressed that I bought a swimsuit and spent a short time enjoying a swim and dip in the hot tub. Everyone of the staff were super nice, I didn't get everyone's name, but the manager (I think she was) Dawn Laskowski gave me extra information that wasn't required of her. I can't say enough nice things about this motel! Wish I could live there!!!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff your specific requirements, I'm sure they will advise!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn L, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Deadwood Comfort Inn & Suites. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. You are right, we have recently remodeled all of our rooms. In addition to new carpet and furniture we also offer luxurious new bedding, adding to the comfort of a good night's sleep. Our staff's priority is to try and make each of our guest's stay an excellent one. I will be sure to share your kind words with them to encourage them to continue to go the extra mile with everyone. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed several nights with the family, pool & hot tub was awesome, very friendly staff, clean rooms, even won some $$$ in the casino!! Breakfast was always really good, and they have a game room for the kids and plenty of parking..We will be back!!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Hoggg6
Dawn L, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Deadwood Comfort Inn & Suites. We are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast - it is a special line-up that we offer: homemade cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausage. And our breakfast attendant really tries to make sure we offer every guest with items they want. I agree that a swim in our heated pool and hot tub can be just what you need to relax after a day on the slopes or snowmobiling the trails. We look forward to seeing you again next time you come to the Black Hills.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I, along with our two children stayed a week at this hotel during spring break 2014. The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly going out of their way to make my kids feel special. I looked forward to the complimentary hot and cold breakfast every morning. The lady who put out the food every morning always visited with us. The heated pool was actually a "heated pool" seems like that is so hard to find at hotels. It felt so good to sink into that warm water after an exhausting day of fun in the snow. The hot tub was so relaxing. The kids made good use of the arcade and my husband liked the slot machines. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: We had the family suite. 2 doubles a sitting area, refridgerator and microwave. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at the Deadwood Comfort Inn & Suites. It is our staff's highest priority to make every guest's stay a comfortable and memorable one. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms are all recently remodeled and the Family Suite is aptly named for the comfort it provides parents and children with an extra large living area for fun, games, and visiting. I will be sure to let guest services, breakfast, and housekeeping staff know that you really appreciated their attention and quality of services. We look forward to seeing you again soon!