“Neat experience”

Broken Boot Gold Mine
Ranked #5 of 44 things to do in Deadwood
More attraction details
Owner description: Pan for gold in this historic gold mining area.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Pulled over on a whim to check it out and so glad we did. Our 10 year old loved panning for gold. Really an informative tour. Tanner our tour guide was great. Fun way to spend an hour for not a lot of money!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

One of the more inexpensive activities we did, but by far a worth while experience! The tour was informative and entertaining. Panning for gold was so fun! Gold guaranteed! Hailee was a great tour guide and panning instructor.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I enjoyed the short tour, but it is a very small place. Seeing the mine workers working conditions was quite interesting. If you have time, I would recommend it-it's cheap and gives you a little insight. We panned for gold at the end of the tour and my young children loved that. We came home with a little vile of a few gold flakes.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Broken boot gold mine is a must see! Our 8 and 12 year old had a blast going on the tour and panning for gold!! Tanner, our tour guide was really nice, funny and informative! The panning was super fun too! Glad we stopped on our way to the fish hatchery and Devils tower!!

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

First time touring a gold mine. I thought it was great, my husband and kids thought so too. We were even able to keep my 18 month old in his umbrella stroller. Our tour guide Matt was super, he had a great sense of humor and very informative. The kids got to pan for gold at the end. Even though it's a small gold mine, it's still a part of deadwood's history. That in itself is fascinating. I would definitely recommend it!