The Lodge at Deadwood
SpringHill Suites Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$117
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$120
The Hotel by Gold Dust(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
Bullock Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$143
Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$109
US$134
Hampton.com
US$131
US$126
Priceline
Iron Horse Inn(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$110
Deadwood Gulch Resort(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$98
Travelocity
Hickok's Hotel & Gaming(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
All reviewssports barpirate shipfamily suiteblack hillslarge casinopool areapoker roomin townshort driveevery hourdouble queengreat place to staybeautiful hotelfull kitchentable gamesrooms are nicedowntown area
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This was a quiet and accommodating place to stay. The rooms were comfortable and clean with polite service. We enjoyed eating at the restaurants inside the hotel and found the prices reasonable. We especially enjoyed the indoor pool and spa! The "children's pool" was pretty amazing. Not what I would expect in a small town in South Dakota! We did a lot of sightseeing while there so it was nice to come back and relax in the hot tub at night.
We had fun at the casino. The slots were pretty generous to us during our stay. Everyone was well behaved and fun to be around.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer W
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

On behalf of the staff and management of the Lodge, we would like to thank you for the great review of the Deadwood Lodge facility. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your family trip to the Lodge and even had a little fun in the casino. We look forward to having you visit again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Since my previous review I have had the opportunity to stay in the hotel and the stay was great. Rooms are very nice. We stayed for a wedding reception and the venue was beautiful for the event. If I were traveling to Deadwood with children this is probably one of the better family friendly hotels. We also frequent the casino and restaurant(sports bar) with other couples on a regular basis. We're all in our 30s-40s and The Lodge is one of the few places in Deadwood where I don't feel like I'm the only one that didn't come in on the seniors tour bus. The food is mid to above average sports bar style food. The restaurant food, on my 2 visits, was not really any better than the sports bar so in my opinion not worth the extra cost or wait to be seated. They rotate their slot games fairly regularly which I suppose is a bonus unless they get rid of your favorite machine, then it's a bummer. Payouts are subjective, they do have frequent "hot seat" drawings if you have a players card & I won once! Overall my opinion is based on someone who likes a clean updated environment with good service & quality. I am a local to the area so the "historic appeal" of staying downtown Deadwood is not a factor in my choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ALB101
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you had such a wonderful and great experience at the Lodge. Hopefully we can have you as a guest again on your next visit to Deadwood.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My Wife and I took a spur of the moment trip to the Lodge in Deadwood on Christmas Eve. We arrived around 930p and were greeted with awesome service throughout our stay. Kathy checked us in at the front desk and took great care of us. We were very pleased with the fact that the Lodge was very pet friendly as we were able to bring our Golden and our Havanese with us.

The room itself was nice as well as clean with modern touches and the beds were comfortable as well.

We ate onsite at Oggies sports bar the first night there and the food and service was good. On Christmas day we at at the Deadwood Grille also on site had the most delicious special holiday meal- my wife and I both had the prime rib and it was cooked perfectly right down to the charred Broccoli.

The Casino was fun we tried our hand at several of the slots and had lots of fun doing it. We did not have an opportunity to participate in a planned Texas hold em tournament because of our early departure time but will the next time we go.

Overall our stay was perfect especially considering it was Christmas eve and Christmas- was the perfect getaway and we cant wait to get back for another visit!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EricNAlicia S
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

On behalf of the staff and management of the Lodge, we would like to thank you for the great review of the Deadwood Lodge facility. We hope to see you back at the Resort in the future.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here at Thanksgiving .I wanted my grandson and my wife to have a great time so I got the family suite. The staff was rude, we stayed there six days and they only cleaned and made our room once. I will NEVER stay at Deadwood Lodge again.

Room Tip: Want a good room with great service, stay at the Deadwood Inn. It's the next motel after passing the deadwood lodge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ronnie S

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the level of service that you and we have come to expect from our staff. We understand that we can always improve on our service and I am sure the next time you visit the Lodge you will see a vast improvement.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Great room ! Awesome casino ! I'll be back !
The service at the sports bar "oggies" was horrible. But I'll make a separate review for that. We got upgraded to the family suite and it worked perfect for me and my 6 friends. It's a little far from downtown ; but the trolly runs every hour which makes it super convenient!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carley J
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013