“worth the wait.”

Ranked #12 of 53 Restaurants in Deadwood
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Mitchell, South Dakota
“worth the wait.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were in town and stayed at their hotel. We decided to have breakfast here. There was a bit of a wait ( I think everyone had the same idea). It was worth waiting for. My little girl wanted pancakes. We ordered one and it was the size of the plate.I had the breakfast burrito and it is the best and biggest I have had in Deadwood. I have seen reviews for other places saying they have the best in town. They have not tried the one here . I took half home with me. I now understand what the wait was for. I will be back for breakfast here anytime I am in town.

• Visited January 2014
Lynda D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit such an awesome review. We appreciate the nice words and thoughts about our place. Our goal is for you to leave us happy and full. I do agree our Breakfast Burrito is the best around. Our home-made Green Chili makes ours outstanding and sets it apart from the rest. Thank you for your patience to eat with us. We can have waiting lists on the weekend but we do ur best to make sure the wait is pleasant and not a long wait. We all look forward to your next visit.

Lead, South Dakota
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is one of the only places that sells chief salads I eat here a lot because of the food being the best in the area also the staff is very friendly it is one of my favorite places to eat

• Visited December 2013
Lynda D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
We appreciate you letting us know what you think about our restaurant. It is important for us to know how the local people people feel about our establishment as well as the visitors to the area. We are glad you keep coming back because without you we would not be able to do this.
We look forward to your next vistit with us.
Dell Rapids, South Dakota
“Down home cooking at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

When we stay at the at the Best Western Hickok House, we always eat breakfast there. Simple menu but not short changed on quality. The best way to start the day! Plenty of food for the price. If you want to start the day off with a great breakfast, this is a must. Orders are always cooked to perfection. If you have room for one of their GIGANTIC caramel and cinnamon rolls smartly displayed on the counter, you won't be disappointed. The soups, sandwiches, and larger meals for later in the day are also very tasty. Never had a bad meal there. Something for everyone no matter what your choice in food. Even though we are from out of town and only visit Deadwood once or maybe twice a year, it is something to be said when you see the same local people eating at this restaurant during our return trips. This atmosphere and the food, keep us coming back for more and the staff is outstanding!

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, I can not tell you how much it means to us to know you enjoy your meals here with us every time you are in Deadwood. We look forward to your visits with us. We have added a couple new soups, sandwiches and meals to the menu. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the restaurant staff.
Thank you again for such a nice review. We appreciate your return visits every year!
“Best comfort food in area. Just like moms.ha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hands down:) Best restuarant in town. I had the spagetti diner. I will recomend this place to all my friends when they visit.

• Visited November 2013
Lynda D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for your very nice review. I agree that we have the best comfort food in town. I hope your friends stop in and are as happy as you are with our food. We look forward to seeing you again.
Whitesville
“I prefer locally owned business and this one is a jewel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Had a friend from NY recommend this spot. We had breakfast there the first day and too late, we spotted the homemade caramel rolls!! Had to come again the next day to try those..WOW! They are a big as your head, fresh, fluffy, warm, with their homemade caramel sauce. I had them grill mine on the bottom. Oooo, it was to die for. One correction for my friend who said share one with three people, i split mine with one...but could have handled it all by myself, with scrambled eggs and sausage! The chicken fried steak was crispy and tender, with country gravy that was smooth and creamy, not over salted. The staff were so nice, great service. If you go to Deadwood, skip the buffet, you will get better service and plenty to eat!

• Visited November 2013
Lynda D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your awesome review. I agree with you on the carmel rolls. When I do indulge in one I have to make myself stop at half. All of our staf takes pride in the service levels they provide our customers. We know that without you we wouldnt be here... Thank you again and hope you can come back agian.

Been to BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant? Share your experiences!