“BEST WAIT STAFF :)”

Dining options: Breakfast
Janesville, Wisconsin
“BEST WAIT STAFF :)”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Tammy and Deon....the best! We ate breakfast here every morning and the food was fabulous and the wait staff was the best! Thanks for taking care of us :)

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Little_Zee72

Richland Center, WI
“We keep coming back again and again!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We come to Deadwood for an extended stay a couple times every year and this is our favorite place to eat, hands down. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, we just always find ourselves back here, rather than any of the other restaurants in Deadwood. (When TripAdvisor makes you select why you were here - breakfast, dinner, drinks, etc..., they need to add the option "All of the above"!) The food is so delicious - generous portions and so reasonably priced, but we enjoy the people here most of all. Tami and Janine are so fun! If they can't get you to smile and laugh, then I don't think anyone can. The breakfast burrito with green chile sauce is still my favorite and the pancakes are enormous.

We're so glad they're open for dinner on the weekends, and really hope that can be expanded to include weeknights too. The bacon-wrapped tenderloin steak dinner was fabulous and Carl made sure it was done perfectly as ordered - medium rare for me and medium for my husband. I believe it was $9.99 - how can you beat that?? We had this same dinner several nights because it was just so delicious.

We love to sit outside on their patio, either to eat or just have a few drinks with friends. It's certainly an ideal location for everyone to gather and you're guaranteed to meet new friends here!

1 Thank #17fans
Platteville, Wisconsin
“Fun and energetic staff with amazing food!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This café provides everything from a hearty breakfast to a perfectly cooked steak for dinner! Everything is fresh and homemade. The orange juice is even freshly squeezed! The environment is fun and the staff has always been amazing to us. This is no fast food place where you can expect processed food out of a box or bag in 30 seconds. You can also relax and eat out on the patio which has large umbrellas at the tables. The wait staff and cooks both keep you entertained and taken care of here! I would highly recommend this place to those looking for amazing homemade meals and great service!

1 Thank Megan S
“Food Was Good...”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I thought our food was good and our waitress was very kind. We just weren't all that impressed with the actual environment. It was kind of one of those deals where you wonder how clean everything really is.

3 Thank Chdeia
Melanie H, Owner at Lee Street Station Cafe, responded to this review, 29 January 2015
We are probably the cleanest restaurant in Deadwood, always getting the highest ranking by the Health Department. In the middle of summer, after being open since 7 am, there may be some surface dirt on the floors from all the hundreds of people we serve each day, but I can guarantee that the tables from which you eat have been bleached between each group and our food is prepared under the strictest standards.
California
“Very disappointed - suggest travelers go elsewhere”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We went here based on pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor. I was pretty grossed out. The place doesn't look clean. Our server was very nice but service was really slow (could be the kitchen, not her). My dinner salad consisted of nasty-looking dried up bagged lettuce, a few bits of OK tomato and one ring of raw onion. Got the filet mignon special and my meat wasn't cooked as ordered and the garlic bread was cold. The restaurant is next to a casino. My husband asked where the restroom was for the restaurant and was told that their restroom wasn't very nice and to use the one at the casino. (They are a restaurant and they don't want people to go into their restroom because it's too gross? So how clean is their kitchen?) Travelers, I'd recommend giving this place a pass.

• Visited July 2014
I think you may have misunderstood our waitress when she explained that we have two restrooms with 4 stalls each within a few steps of the restaurant. They are both in the casino areas, giving you a choice, all under one roof. They are also extremely clean and very nice.

We are also very proud of our $9.99 filet mignon special which includes a baked potato, sour cream and butter, garlic bread and a salad of romaine and spring mix. We are sorry if it did not meet your expectations on the day you visited us.

Been to Lee Street Station Cafe? Share your experiences!