“Best campground yet!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Creekside Campground

Creekside Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Deadwood
Creekside Campground
Arvada, Colorado
“Best campground yet!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This place was by far the best campground I've ever been to and I am from Colorado and none there have compared to this place. The cabin we stayed in was absolutely incredible. It had a bar below us and behind us a awesome tee pee and creek with a cute little bridge and open space. Besides this place being beautiful and affordable the owner is what made this place by far the best place I've stayed in. He made us feel so welcome and when we left to go to our hotel for family reunion he called us to let us know we left behind a sweater then I went to go check out doonbuggies near campground and locked my keys inside my car and showed up at creekside and the owner took 40 minutes of his time and got my keys out and when I tried giving him money he wouldn't accept gave us hugs and was on his way. Not only did he give us a great experience and wonderful hospitality but he saved me acouple $100. If you come into town I definitely recommend you check this place out you will regret it if you dont. :)

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank bheacock1992

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fargo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I have never been at a more spotless camp ground. Michael and his staff take pride in their work and it really shows. We were in RV site #2, the sound of the creek flowing was so relaxing. The grass was manicured so well that we and our golden retriever never brought any grass into our new camper. Michael delivered and stacked our fire wood for us. We took advantage of the shuttle service to and from Deadwood which we would recommend, always on time . I used their showers one morning -- spotless. We have stayed in many hotels over the years and Creekside's bathrooms were by far cleaner.

5 star experience - We will be back. K&D

• Stayed July 2014
La Crescent, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My friend and I didn't get into our cabin until almost midnight. The manager was super nice about it and just said to call when we got in. The cabin was small but very nice. The showers are private and brand new. I am staying here again for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MountainGirl523
Black Hawk, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed for one night before the Deadwood Mickelson trail marathon. The cabins are small but very nice, and mine was right beside the creek. The owner (Michael) was very nice - he let me come back after the marathon and take a shower, and didn't charge me any extra. The showers/bathrooms are clean and new. There is free wifi (not from the campground next door).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Carolyn H
Prior Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Andy is GREAT!! A wonderful host and makes sure everyone's needs are met. The campground is SO much more than a campground. Beautiful surroundings, clean and beautiful restrooms! I went for Sturgis Bike Week. This place was WAY better than anywhere around the area. Great prices as well. The cabins are all log and beautiful inside. Air conditioned and everything is new. I can't say enough great things. It's right around the corner from a very nice gas station and restaurant. Also just across the street from Travino's Leather. Super location, just outside of Deadwood. I highly recommend Creekside Campground! Make sure you talk to Andy!

Room Tip: If you want to camp without "totally" roughing it, ask for a cabin or the Tee Pee :))
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Beach_Bum_Laura
Buffalo, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We reserved a cabin for our trip home from Yellowstone over 2 months ago. We are disabled. I am a seasoned traveller and am very thorough and organized with planning our vacations. I asked if he would charge me now or if I could pay cash. He said we wouldn't have to pay till I got there and he would see us on the 20th. I called him at about 6 to say we were going to be a little late and wanted to let them know we were coming but would be about 2 hours till we got there. The guy played stupid and acted like he had no idea about our reservation. Said our name wasn't down for today and then did a total 180 and said he had been trying to call us for a week and left messages, etc. and I never answered my phone. (we were in yellowstone camping since the 7th and there is limited service) I have and had NO messages by him or anyone. He told me I can get mad all i want he rented the cabin to someone else and i couldn't stay. So it is 6 pm in the mt. rushmore/deadwood area and every motel i called and campground was booked. We ended up an hour away paying twice what our cabin was going for. This guy is not only a bad person to deal with but also a LIAR! Don't do business with these people.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Jeree
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

Creekside Campgound is right outside of Deadwood. Its a small campground situated on a small slit of land between a fairly busy road and a fairly nice sized campground. A creek divides the Creekside Campground and the campground sitting behind it.

Creekside has about 9 rv sites. They have concrete slabs with really clean and up-to-date hook ups. There are also a couple of small basic cabins that I heard are nice, and a few tent spots squeezed in. The bathrooms were nice and clean as well.

There is no cable tv. Interestingly, the website says that there is wi-fi. The truth is that there is wi-fi IF you can pick it up from the neighboring campground. Conveniently, we could. However, we had to go next door to get directions for signing in, and the woman working there was not terribly pleased with the idea of spending her time explaining their internet to someone who wasn't staying there. Andy, the majority worker bee at Creekside, sent us over there, so you'd think that there is some sort of understanding, but I don't thinks so. I didn't have to infer the woman's displeasure. She told me.

There is no pool or really entertainment of any type and no laundry. The campground behind Creekside has entertainment of some sort but I'm not sure about the pool, and it also has laundry.

With the lack of ammenities, I found the $35 / night to be a bit expensive. Plus they don't take any discounts, like Good Sams.

Andy is a super nice guy. So is the other fellow, who I think might own the place and lives there. Andy is not technological savy. AT all. Again, interesting considering wi-fi is "available".

We had some rv trouble while we were at the campground and had to call for assistance. Andy and the other guy were super nice - letting us use the phone (couldn't get cell service) and taking response calls for us. Also threw around some "what could be the matter" ideas with us.

Talked to a couple who stays their all summer (pretty surprising actually), and they said that Creekside gets alot of rally folks but that its a fairly quiet crowd.

In summary, our intention was to stay one night and keep on going on our way. For that purpose, Creekside was fine. Its probably also fine if you are going to be out all day and just need a place to crash each night. Probably even better than fine if you don't mind paying what they are asking. If I had signed up to stay several nights, I would have been super jealous of the folks at the campground behind this one, the name of which is Hidden Valley Campground I think.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family