“Way too expensive”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Lakewood, Colorado
“Way too expensive”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night 7/2/2011. Granted it was over the 4th of July weekend, but they charged $199.99 + tax for 1 night!! That was outrageous. I tried to use my Priority Club points for the stay; however for the first time I was told that I wasn't able to use my points because while they don't have "blackout" dates for points, they only allow so many rooms to be booked with points. I wanted to stay another night, but there was no way I was going to pay that much again.

I stay in these hotels almost every night of the year because of my job. In comparison, this hotel was nice, but it still wasn't worth that price. It has a great location but the street in front of the hotel is under construction. The clerk at the front desk told us to park on the side to check in and take our luggage into the room. We did as instructed and when we came out we had received a parking ticket. The hotel did offer to pay the ticket; however it was a hassle I didn't need.

The hotel was clean and has a cute design. I was on the 4th floor and when I opened the window for fresh air there was no screen.. It is difficult to explain but the window opens from the floor and opens up enough that a child could have easily fallen out that window down onto the street. This is definately something the hotel should consider fixing.

Overall, I would stay here again but I would never pay this price for this hotel again. It was insane.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lyssak11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
WA
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Wanted to stay in walking distance to the casinos and Main St. This hotel is right in the midst of all the casinos as well as having one in the hotel (which is not noisy to the rooms). The other downtown hotels we checked either do not have parking or charge for parking. Parking here is free but it is in the public parking garage that they give you a pass to use--a short block away. Check in first and get your card to park. We ate in town and didn't move our car until we checked out.
The hotel itself was very nice for a Main St. hotel--comfortable, quiet and clean. The desk staff was pleasant and helpful and the breakfast good. Would stay here again if I go to Deadwood!
If you're lucky, maybe you can catch Yancey de Veer singing with his guitar across the street at the open restaurant. Very good entertainment while you dine. Bought his double CD and was very pleased (he sounds like Willy Nelson).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WaStateTravelee
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The location of this place is right on main street. The parking isnt that great because you have to park in a parking ramp two blocks away but it is free. The wi-Fi is great. Clean beds, good breakfast, great beds, friendly service.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Cesamos
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed here in April and had surprisingly great weather all week. The location was great for the area and the hotel offered a great Gamblers Package that was $79/night. That included breakfast for 2, dinner for 2, and $10 to gamble. Hotel was very clean and the staff were so helpful. The breakfast area was well staffed and the food was hot. I loved the pancake maker!! I would come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2011
Upland, California
Reviewed 21 June 2011

First parking is a problem - there was no signs to tell you what to do with your car as there are no parking signs along the street. You have to drop your luggage off and park you car in the parking structure down the street 2blks. Our room (301) overlooked the hallway, next to the ice machine & coke machine. The light coming in from the window shade did not block out the light in our small room. The noise from the ice machine and the coke machine went on all night, although the manager tried to compensate us the next mroning when we complained. If you have allergies, you might want to ask them not to spraythe room when cleaning. They did have alot of towels, but the breakfast was so so.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a terrific hotel in Deadwood. You are right in the middle of the main street where most all the casinos and eating establishments are. You can walk to most any casino, so if you'd like to indulge in some "spirits" no driving needed. Hotel was very clean pool was nice. The staff was very accommodating. We stayed in a suite which had great views of the Black Hills and the people down below. Very comfortable beds and bedding. Would highly recommend if making a trip to Deadwood!! Great little continental breakfast also.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kotababy
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 10 April 2011

The Best of the Best!! My Husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn, and gambled at the Gold Dust for 3 days. The Best of the Best at both places! The food was great I had the buffet and my husband ordered a steak off the menu and he loved it so much the next three days he ordered the STEAK!! I loved the HUGE crab legs. They had so much variety to choose from you can order off the menu or have the buffet. We suggest you try them both. Everything was wonderful and the staff was all so pleasant. We can't wait to go there again. Our next vacation is going to be a replay at the Gold Dust and Holiday Inn in Deadwood, South Dakota!

Room Tip: All rooms are right on Main Street!!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple