“Great place for the downtown Deadwood experience”

Holiday Inn Express Deadwood
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Dallas
“Great place for the downtown Deadwood experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

The parking garage is two blocks away but you can load and unload at the hotel and the walk takes you down the main street of historic deadwood. Spend a night or two and move on. Most rooms have no exterior windows because it is on the main drag. A fun stop for us.

1 Thank dallastraveler03

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Logan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

The front desk and management staff of this property were the best I have ever dealt with. Friendly and EXTREMELY helpful. The property owner should be pleased to have such quality employees. Property was very clean, quite and comfortable. This is THE place to stay while in Deadwood.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Not much to say that hasn’t already been said.
Stayed one night on July 10th 2011. My girlfriend and I flew in to Rapid City for a quick first time look at the Black Hills. We rented a car at the airport and took the short drive up to Deadwood for our first night. Yes, the parking garage is two blocks away but I didn’t mind as I was expecting it after reading on Tripadvisor. And we also packed light. The room was a nice Queen suite but my complaint was that it only had one window and we had to keep the blinds closed. It overlooked the elevator landing inside.. So we weren’t happy about that. We didn’t complain much because we knew it was for just one night and we would mostly just be sleeping there. If it had been a longer stay, I may have tried to ask for another room.
True, the hotel is right where you want to be if you want to see the main street area. So that is good. I even won a couple of hundred bucks on a 25 cent slot a couple of doors down so just about broke even, I guess.
The hot breakfast was nice to have and we took ours to our room.. Staff was friendly..

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a real view.
1 Thank 34227Traveler
mckick19
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a one night layover on our road trip. It was clean, relatively quiet and overall decent. If room size is important, the room and bathroom were tiny and rather crowded. Front desk staff were courteous overall. Room was very clean and in a great location if you are into the gambling thing (we are not). Bet you could find a MUCH better rate down the road though. Parking is also a pain as it's 2-3 blocks away.

Leawood, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

the hotel billed me for two rooms even though I cancelled my initial reservation. Despite writing and telephoning the hotel, my pleas to reverse the billing went unanswered. This, despite a letter to the hotel's owner and manager who did not respond to my pleas. Luckily american express reversed the charges af ter I provided ample evidence to them. As a priority club member, I resented the disrespect and discourteous treatment by the manager and corporate offices.

Room Tip: even though I never stayed at the hotel, the computer forces a date in order to submit the response.
Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank disappointed38839
Lakewood, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night 7/2/2011. Granted it was over the 4th of July weekend, but they charged $199.99 + tax for 1 night!! That was outrageous. I tried to use my Priority Club points for the stay; however for the first time I was told that I wasn't able to use my points because while they don't have "blackout" dates for points, they only allow so many rooms to be booked with points. I wanted to stay another night, but there was no way I was going to pay that much again.

I stay in these hotels almost every night of the year because of my job. In comparison, this hotel was nice, but it still wasn't worth that price. It has a great location but the street in front of the hotel is under construction. The clerk at the front desk told us to park on the side to check in and take our luggage into the room. We did as instructed and when we came out we had received a parking ticket. The hotel did offer to pay the ticket; however it was a hassle I didn't need.

The hotel was clean and has a cute design. I was on the 4th floor and when I opened the window for fresh air there was no screen.. It is difficult to explain but the window opens from the floor and opens up enough that a child could have easily fallen out that window down onto the street. This is definately something the hotel should consider fixing.

Overall, I would stay here again but I would never pay this price for this hotel again. It was insane.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lyssak11
WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Wanted to stay in walking distance to the casinos and Main St. This hotel is right in the midst of all the casinos as well as having one in the hotel (which is not noisy to the rooms). The other downtown hotels we checked either do not have parking or charge for parking. Parking here is free but it is in the public parking garage that they give you a pass to use--a short block away. Check in first and get your card to park. We ate in town and didn't move our car until we checked out.
The hotel itself was very nice for a Main St. hotel--comfortable, quiet and clean. The desk staff was pleasant and helpful and the breakfast good. Would stay here again if I go to Deadwood!
If you're lucky, maybe you can catch Yancey de Veer singing with his guitar across the street at the open restaurant. Very good entertainment while you dine. Bought his double CD and was very pleased (he sounds like Willy Nelson).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple