Holiday Inn Express Deadwood
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bullock Hotel(Deadwood)
Iron Horse Inn(Deadwood)
View Hotel
Hickok's Hotel & Gaming(Deadwood)
  • Restaurant
Celebrity Hotel(Deadwood)
  • Restaurant
Deadwood Dick's(Deadwood)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationmain streetpancake machinecontinental breakfastparking garageroom was cleanin towntwo blockslee streetsmall casinopool and hot tubhotel lobbyyour luggagevalet servicewould stay here againnice stayyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Deadwood so you can park the car and walk almost everywhere. The rooms were clean and well appointed. I didn't like the fact that our window faced the lobby - but we didn't spend that much time in the room anyway so no big deal (there wasn't any noise coming from the lobby). The breakfast was fine - we like to "grab-and-go". The pool wasn't anything special but it was fine - we were the only people taking a swim before dinner. The staff was very friendly and helpful finding restaurants, etc. I would definitely come back here.

Room Tip: Specifiy if you want a room with an outside window.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I called to confirm my reservation they informed me they had two reservations for me and it was too late to cancel one that I would be charged for two I stated I had NOT booked two rooms it was just my husband and I he said there was nothing he could do... called the hotel the manager said she had one reservation for me no apologies nothing

At the hotel they put us in a handicap room the door we did not request one! the was open when we arrived the heat was on 80 the toliet seat was loose told the front desk three days in a row never was fixed I told the manager she could have cared less about any of it! I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank myra b
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Dear Myra B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am deeply sorry for the overall issues you had during your stay. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Deadwood, SD.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Everything in Deadwood is very cramped. The town is laid out in a long steep walled gulch (In fact the real name of the town is Deadwood Gulch). This Inn is no exception. It is a tidy, compact 4 stories with the lobby loading zone (20 minute parking!) on a narrow alley sized street. It is very new and quite handsome (a nice 4 story atrium) but there is only one very slow elevator. We never tried out the pool or spa pool because we forgot to bring our wet swim suits in from the car trunk and the car was four and one half blocks away in the municipal parking ramp - provided by Holiday Inn. The in-house casino was fun and competed well with the hundreds of others just outside the door. However, the free snacks and drinks during happy hour provided, by the Inn, were a dissappointment (five flavors of crackers and commercially packaged dip). The staff was pleasent, professional and compent. The room was beautiful and the bed was great. I did not like paying what we had to pay but it was pretty much the going rate for Deadwood. I would stay there again, but I would do something to avoid the walk ( I use a cane to get around) to the parking ramp.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear oyboy3,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay! I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology on this issue. Deadwood can be very expensive, so I am sure your fellow traveler appreciate your tips.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We spent three days here. The location was perfect. The room was clean and comfortable. There is no safe or refrigerator in the room though.The breakfast was a typical breakfast for a hotel. There is a small casino attached to the hotel. There is a bar there with a very nice bartender, Tony. He was very nice and knowledgeable. It was fun place to stay. You could walk everywhere. Good restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the lobby. If you opened your drapes people acroos the way can see in. It was fine though. I would have liked a room the overlooked the street. They had gun fights three times a day. Plus would be fun to watch people.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Last week we spent three nights here while visiting Deadwood. The location was perfect. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the lobby was pretty much the standard free breakfast that most hotels offer. There is a small casino attached to the hotel - like you find in much of Deadwood. There was a small bar that we enjoyed, and Tony the bartender was friendly and knowledgeable about the area and its history. This was a nice stay, and a good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends