Hampton Inn Deadwood at Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our room was clean and quiet. the maids were very helpful. The eggs at breakfast were awful. bisciuts and gravy was not bad. actually the free breakfast was not good but downstairs there was a really good buffet wich was 5.00 with a rewards card from the casino. The rewards card was free, and took less than 3 minutes to get.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna G

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was headed to the area for a business trip and could not get a room at my normal hotel in Spearfish. I found this gem in Deadwood (only another 15 min away) for a real bargain. The hotel seems new or newly remodeled. The rooms were nice, the service great, and the complementary breakfast was good. Recommended for vacation or for business. There is a casino attached, but I could not hear anything at night on the 2nd level.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric K
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was my second stay at the Deadwood Hampton, which was booked based on my highly satisfied first stay there in 2013. The staff are super friendly and attentive, and I can't say enough about them and the high level of customer service. My room (305) was simple but very clean and well maintained, with a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. As a seasoned business traveller, this hotel stay was extremely pleasant and great value. It's my hotel of choice in the Deadwood/Lead/Sturgis SD area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband,daughter and I stayed at the Hampton Four Aces in Deadwood SD on 18 April 2014. The hotel staff were friendly, the room was clean and well-appointed and the dining room staff was friendly with excellent service. The one problem was the internet access from the room was spotty and slow. If you are on business and need quick and reliable internet access this may not be your best choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel was in a prime location for the main street environment of Deadwood. It offered a great price and provided all things you expect to have at a Hampton. The entire place was very clean and well kept.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

So my wife and I recently retired and decided we were going to go to Deadwood, SD. We had no plan and no Hotel reservations, we did however look at most of the Hotels online before we left. When we got to Deadwood the first place we stopped was The Hampton Inn. The Hotel looked nice from the outside as it did on the inside. We forgot our AARP card but the gal at the desk said she would honor it anyway so we decided to stay for 3 nights. I would recommend this hotel! The whole hotel was very clean as was our room. We parked in their lot right across the street, (most hotels don't have their own lot and it will cost $12 a day for other parking) WIFI worked great and there were plenty of electrical plugins available. The gal at the front desk told us about their Buffet deal which turned out to be a great deal. For $10 both of us got to eat at the buffet and they gave us $10 gambling money ( $5 a piece) to boot which I turned a $26 win. Hotel staff was helpful and friendly, continental Breakfast was good too. No Hot Tub and the pool was cold and I'm from Minnesota!! Good place, I would stay there again...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank IronheadMike
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First of all, this property is the ONLY Hampton Inn I've patronized that did not have a hot tub. Booking on my Android phone, I did not read the "fine print" where - per the General Manager - there was no reference to having a hot tub. Silly me - I went by my decades-long experience of hot tubs at ALL Hamptons. A HUGE outlier was having smoking facilities (ash trays & a bench) in direct proximity to the hotel entrance, in violation of State Law. Upon bringing this up to Front Desk staff, I got a "I don't know why it's there!" The facility itself is OK, as Hamptons go. The amenity most meaningful to me, as a business traveler, does not exist. Front Desk staff (and, ultimately the General Manager) are seemingly apathetic to guest health - and conformance with State smoking restrictions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business