Deadwood Mountain Grand Hotel, a Holiday Inn Resort
The Hotel by Gold Dust(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
Comfort Inn & Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
ComfortInn
US$45
Hotwire.com
Holiday Inn Express Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$81
Celebrity Hotel(Deadwood)
TripAdvisor
The Lodge at Deadwood(Deadwood)
Bullock Hotel(Deadwood)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsevent centerdoor manhotel elevatoryour luggageparking garagehotel restaurantloved this hotelhistoric buildingvalet serviceclose to downtownblack hillsmain stpool and hot tubnice roomrapid cityoff seasonroad trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I don't normally write reviews, but after my stay at DMG, I felt compelled to do so. I have stayed at a few other places in Deadwood, but in my mind, no other hotel compares. This hotel offers excellent, personalized service and a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere. Our room was very clean and modern, and our view from the balcony was stunning.
The attention from the staff was amazing and they truly went above and beyond, which is something you don't normally find. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank AliciaB919
DMGHotelRep, Manager at Deadwood Mountain Grand Hotel, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review of your stay. We love to read reviews and print them for our staff to see also. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope we get to see you again in the near future. Have a good day!!

Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed a couple of different times at the hotel after dining and gaming. This is a lovely hotel which combines historic artifacts with modern decor for a great feel. The personal service is outstanding and consistent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this accomodation to anyone visiting this beautiful area of the Black Hills.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna O

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our property. We strive to make our guests as comfortable and as possible, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2012

I just finished a stay at the Deadwood Mountain Grand for 4 nights. When we approached the front door we were a little disorientated wondering if we were coming in the right entrance for the hotel. The doormen Jerry and Roy were lovely to deal with and Roy walked us through and escorted us to the front check in desk pointing out the restaurant, toilets etc. during our stay we spent numerous conversations with Roy and Jerry discussing the history of deadwood and all the must see things to do while in town. Every time we left or came back they made us feel so welcome. I have not met two honest, caring, individuals in a long time. Excellent customer service, they are a credit to the hotel and casino. I would go back and stay just to say G'day to them again. The hotel as a whole was lovely and we enjoyed our time there....

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
DMGHotelRep, Manager at Deadwood Mountain Grand Hotel, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to rate your Deadwood Mountain Grand experience. We're so glad to hear your positive comments about the hotel. A very important component of our service mix is guest service and it sounds like our personnel delivered -- from your positive experience... I will be sure to share the nice comments with Roy and Jerry. Come back soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had a recent one night stay at the DMG Hotel (Nov. 2012). You have to take an elevator from the casino to the hotel lobby. The lobby is beautifully decorated wtih large stone fireplaces, oversize leather furniture and great artwork. The check in was very efficient and instead of a "counter" they have small desks which was a nice change! My room as a double queen on the 3rd floor. The elevators were very fast, I never felt I had to wait. The room was nice size with a large entryway, bathroom off the entryway with a glass door walk in shower that was quite nice. The bathroom was a bit on the small size It would be difficult to have two people in there getting ready at the same time. The room furnishings were nice with the standard ammenities you would expect. The beds were VERY comfortable with pillowtop mattresses. The artwork in the rooms and public spaces were beautiful. I looked at the pool area and it seemed nice. I was very impressed they have a handicap lift for the pool and hottub. That is definitly not something you see very much in hotels. Well done!! Another nice touch was on the morning of checkout as I was leaving my room a housekeeper was in the hallway. As I passed her and said good morning she smiled and said, "Thank you for choosing to stay with us". Nice customer service skills!!

Room Tip: If you want a view ask for a front facing room otherwise your view will be of a rocky hillside.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
DMGHotelRep, Manager at Deadwood Mountain Grand Hotel, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We take great pride in our accommodations, and we always appreciate hearing what services and rooms our guests enjoy. We hope that you will return to Deadwood Mountain Grand for any lodging needs you may have in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here 10/17/12 to celebrate my 35th birthday. We have stayed many places in Deadwood in the past, and travel here a couple times a year. This was our first stay at the DWMG, and we were quite impressed. Check in was quick and friendly. We were given a room on the 3rd floor, with a balcony. Our view overlooked the city of Deadwood, and we liked that the balcony was of a decent size. The bed was among the best I've ever slept on in a hotel! The room and the bathroom were both tastefully done. The room was of about average size, but everything seemed to be of high quality, from the TV to the sheets to the soaps provided. The casino on sight has a wide variety of games. The only issue we had with the entire property were two bad breakfast steaks from the onsite "Ought Six" grill. There was something majorly "off" about the taste of the steaks, and the waitress was less than friendly when we informed her that something was wrong, and that wed pass on taking another steak as a replacement. We did, however, have an enjoyable breakfast at the Gem Steakhouse just down the street. Other than that unfortunate experience at their restaurant, we had an excellent stay. I can wholeheartedly recommend the hotel, but the restaurant could certainly use some improvement if our experience was anything to base an opinion on. Maybe it was just an off day, but the attitude that came along with our inedible breakfast made a bad experience that much worse. Otherwise, however, don't hesitate to stay....and don't worry, there are plenty of other eating options within easy walking distance!

Room Tip: The Balcony rooms have big balconies, with 2 chairs and ashtrays provided. The views are very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
DMGHotelRep, Manager at Deadwood Mountain Grand Hotel, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you so much for choosing the GRAND to celebrate such a fabulous milestone -- 35 years -- wow, congratulations! We're so appreciative of your feedback, as it is both honest and constructive. Please know that we have addressed your restaurant concerns in a big way, with the goal of providing consistently excellent food service and quality in that area. Trust that new, positive changes will soon take place. As for the bright side of your stay, our brand new, lavishly appointed hotel, we are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations in that category. We hope to see you back through our doors soon and thank you for your business.