“Much more than I expected”
Review of Bullock Hotel

Bullock Hotel
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Omaha, Nebraska
“Much more than I expected”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

My main interest at staying at the Historic Bullock Hotel in Deadwood is that I am fascinated with the paranormal. The hotel is said to be haunted by ol' Seth himself. We even got what is supposed to be the most haunted room there (212). I was impressed from the moment I walked through the door. It was love at first sight with the beautifully carpeted and ornately decorated hotel.

The staff was friendly, helpful, and we were even given a private tour of the place by one of the incredibly friendly desk clerks. I would say more, but I am writing an article about it, and want to save all of the great details for that. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed, and you will be made to feel at home at this wonderful hotel in Deadwood!

Room Tip: If you want the most haunted, try for 212!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank vbright

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My husband and I went to Deadwood with friends Nov 1-5, and of course we chose to stay at the haunted Bullock Hotel! Our friends stayed at the Celebrity next door. We chose right, our room was wonderful, with so much character! We stayed in 301, and it was a spacious room and had all the amenities we wanted, coffee pot in room, hair dryer, etc. The king size bed was soooo comfy, we slept so well, it was hard to pry ourselves out of the comfortable bed in the mornings! We took in the Ghost Tour Friday night, that was interesting, and we got to hear about the history of the hotel and go through Seth's Cellar. The longer we were there, the more we noticed all the woodwork and beautiful detail that are in this building, it is truly one of a kind. The best part of our stay, though, was the staff. They were so friendly! After a day of sightseeing, we would come back to the hotel, and we were always asked how our day was, and we both remarked that it felt like we were coming home each night. Victoria at the front desk was so helpful and cheerful, and Diane and Victoria always made sure we were offered beverages, and chat with us. So very nice! I will be recommending the Bullock to everyone that travels to Deadwood, and I am quite certain we will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kerm30ie
Eastpointe, Michigan
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Turn of century place opened by famous sheriff. Had to stay here, and enjoyed it much. Red wallpaper and lightly lit room,with lots of dark wood. Some slots machines downstairs level, and breakfast in bar setting. Across street and to right old brothel section, and bar where Wild Bill Hickok shot. Further to right was old Chinatown area(now gone). Lots of tourists in town for two night stay last August. Dont recommend walking up to mt moriah cemetery where Wild Bill and Calamity Jane buried next to each other,plus Seth Bullock further up hill, as very steep incline--I drove,and shuttles go up there too.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Quasimodo47
Union Center, South Dakota
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I'd stay here again. Took the haunted #314 room, but no paranormal activity. I like old vintage hotels and this is one. I like creaky wood floors. The staff is good for the most part, but you can tell it's the off-season and Monday nite is "off" the 3 day gambling week-end schedule.

Room Tip: I think any would be just fine.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dunkirk, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We had one of the smaller rooms and it was dimly lit and the uncomfortable bed was too small for 2 adults. We had an issue with a noisy bathroom door and bad thermostat that we reported to the front desk, and maintenance did not respond during our stay. The hotel is conveniently located and the parking is a bit of a hassle but it was the same for all properties on the main street. Shower was good, but they skimped on hangers by only leaving 2 hangers to use for hanging garments. Carpets are way overdue to be replaced in the guest rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bismarck
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Have an annual trip to Deadwood and have stayed at the Bullock the last three years. Rooms are roomy but if you can opt for a corner room since you won't have a long hall way to the bed. Stayed on the 3rd floor so you were dependent on a fairly slow elevator becuase the stairs are more like 4-5 stories because of the high cealings. The rooms are quiet and the staff helpfull. Parking is across the street but good easy in and out access. The hotel doesn't have a lot of amenities. Reataurant only open 7am-1pm but there are other places to eat.

Room Tip: Opt for a corner room. Layed out much better and not as cramped.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michael B
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I booked this hotel as the price was right then I started to look at the hotel on Facebook and it looked really nice - then I arrived and WOW. We arrived at the back of the hotel and I went to reception were we were checked in. I was not sure were we could park the car so the lovely lady came out and showed my husband where to park - excellent touch. The car park is just across the road so we unloaded the luggage and the lovely lady brought us a trolley to place it all on for ease and the keys I had forgotten to pick up from the front desk. Then my husband drove the car across the road (parking s free you just place a tag in the window. We went up in the lift and entered the room Wow Wow very large (room 301). The room had 3 windows the bathroom is a good size also. As we had been traveling my husband had a sleep, so I ventured down to the Casino and played for an hour or so and was up $30 - started with $2. I was offered drinks every 10 mins!! You are also given vouchers for money off the restaurant, casino, gifts, bar etc. Excellent stay wish I could go every weekend - will be back

Room Tip: 301 was a great king size room
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple