“Hotel & Casino Are Great, Restaurant Not So Much” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites

Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Hotel & Casino Are Great, Restaurant Not So Much”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed here one night on 9/20/12 after making a late reservation only the day before. I was very pleased with the hotel and the staff but the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. The rooms are large and clean, the towels, thick and the staff is friendly and attentive. The restaurant only serves sandwiches for lunch and dinner which are are good and reasonably priced but the only choice for breakfast is the buffet which is terrible and expensive. I would give Jack's a 5 star rating if they had a decent restaurant with a decent menu. It's too far to walk to a good restaurant from there.

Room Tip: Accommodations and staff here are terrific but I recommend eating somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cjresortgm, Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear Stan,

Thank you so much for the great reviews of our hotel and our staff. We make it our daily goal to treat our guests like our family and ensure they have the kind of service that has them looking forward to the next visit. It appears we did not give you correct information in the restaurant however. Our restaurant is open for Breakfast , lunch and Dinner and offers everything from appetizers and sandwiches, salads, main entrees such as Lemon Peppered Chicken Pasta and Steak Tips with Mashed potatoes and green beans. Not to mention an incredible selection of amazing desserts. I will mention to our restaurant manager your desire for off the menu selections for breakfast instead of the buffett.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We look forward to your next stay!

Cadillac Jack's Gaming Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Winner, SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

My husband and I have stayed here for several years, mostly during "Kool Deadwood Nites" but this will be our last year. The location is great for the car show, our favorite cocktail server, Kat, is the BEST, Jason, who is now a blackjack dealer has always been so sweet but all of these cannot makeup for your HORRIBLE restaurant! And after reading just some of these reviews, I see we are not alone! But obviously the restaurant is not a priority for this establishment but for us the ease of being able to eat at the place you are staying is monumental! Sooo, we will be moving up the street to the Deadwood Mountain Grand or else to The Lodge where they take pride in their restaurant and have nice accommodations also but will truly miss Kat and Jason! So goodbye Cadillac Jack's - hope you will listen to the complaints made by these reviewers...By the way, the "straw that broke the camel's back" for us was Sat morning's breakfast buffet during the Kool Deadwood Nites (which I might say brings in 1000's of people so EXTRA staff should be working!) was sooo bad it was almost laughable!!! Went to go through the buffet (which is the only thing offered) and there were no plates, no fruit left, no biscuits and gravy left, no sausage left, the only eggs you could get were being made by ONE guy who seemed like he had never cooked before! My omelet (after waiting more than 20 minutes in line) was thinner than a crepe! Never was offered any drinks until our meal was over - could have (and maybe should have!) walked out without paying because there were only 2 waitresses working the whole place and they seemed to be hiding out in the kitchen (who could blame them!) most of the time. Again - good luck Cadillac Jacks - hope you get this figured out before you lose more loyal guests........

3 Thank pyschokitty
cjresortgm, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for your honest comments. We appreciate our long term customers and would love the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Admittedly our service was below standards during one of the busiest weekends of the year. As the restaurant is a high priority and central hub of Cadillac Jack's, we have since expanded management, hired a new executive chef and several new servers. All of these changes have taken place in the past few weeks. We will continue to perfect our service and quality standards and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Deadwood.

Peter Demangus
Director of Gaming Operations

Isis Hospitality LLC.

360 Main Street

Deadwood, SD 57732
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We went there for 5 days the staff was wonderful but the casino staff was exceptional especially the dealers. Two that really stood out was Jeff and Paula ! The only problem was the restaurant !!! Terrible buffet for breakfast . That was the only meal we tried there . Rooms were great and comfortable . Thankyou Jeff and Paula you both made this trip wonderful . Pat

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cjresortgm, Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Reynolds,

Thank you for choosing Cadillac Jack's for your vacation. We love to hear that Jeff and Paula along with the rest of our staff, took such great care of you. That's our goal here at Cadillac Jacks...to create an experience and many wonderful memories. We welcome any feedback you have on where we can improve on our breakfast buffet and would like to discuss this further with you. Please call me at your convenience at 605-578-1500 ext 102.

Have a wonderful day!

Cadillac Jack's Gaming Resort
Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

I was traveling with my wife, son and my parents(age 80 and 78). When I called to make the reservation I told them about my folks and asked for a room close to the elevator. I called in about 2 p.m and informed the clerk we were a few hours out, and when I went and checked in at about 4:40 P.M. they had me rooms right next to the elevator, but the front desk showed they weren’t cleaned yet. The desk clerk tried to get housekeeping on the radio, but they wouldn’t answer. The clerk ended up giving us rooms almost to the end of the hall from the elevator. Not starting out good.
In the South Dakota vacation guide the ad for Cadillac Jacks stated it had pool, hot tub, and arcade, but when we went to look for these we were informed they took them out.. really bad now.. My son is autistic and swimming if very therapeutic for him and one of the things he enjoys the most. It was very hard for him to understand that there was no swimming pool after we had told him there was. A pool is the first thing we check for when booking a hotel and we would have stayed elsewhere if we would have known this.
Sunday night I had my mom down on the floor and there was only one waitress servicing all the players on the machine. I asked if she was by herself and she said yes. She did fairly well keeping up but she needed some other help on the floor. We were planning on staying at Cadillac Jacks for two night, but we made other arrangements and only spent one night. We have been going to Vegas and thought we would give Deadwood a chance, we were very disappointed in you casino.
If my check in would have been better with my requested rooms and had there been a pool i am sure my stay would have been wonderful. Just seems the stars were aligned to make my stay here terrible.

Room Tip: Not sure what you can do. when i made reservations i requested rooms by the elevator. I called in tw...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ga2r111
cjresortgm, Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your challenges on your recent stay. Our hotel recently underwent a change from AmericInn & Suites to a Choice Ascend Collection Hotel back in February. At that time we did some extensive renovations and improvements on our gaming room floor. Where the pool used to exist is now a state of the art Black Jack Pit with 10 tables, Several different types of table games and our Aerialist performers. We do however supply all of our guests passes to our amazing Recreation Center downtown which is perfect for kids and adults alike. These passes are provided complimentary to our guests on request at the front desk. As we do our advertising a year out, the vacation guide would not reflect these new changes. My sincerest apologies for your disappointment and I will address with our team the areas in which we could have made your stay more enjoyable.

If you have time, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to discuss your stay over the phone. Please call me directly at 605-578-1500.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed here overnight during a trip around Wyoming. Hotel was very clean as was the casino. Parking is a bit of a struggle as there is construction going on next door, BUT they did have free valet service if you didnt want to search for parking. The construction in no way interfered with our stay. Casino was clean, smoke free, and servers were friendly and efficent.

Room was great, larger than normal, king size comfortable bed, flat screen tv, in room coffee etc., no complaints on the room.

The front desk person (A. Mack) was very friendly and efficient and she offered us advice on variouis Deadwood activities, thanks to her for making us feel so welcome.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the great review. Our team loves their job and looks forward to hearing of reviews like these. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Deadwood and thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Cadillac Jacks. We hope you will visit us again in the future so we can have even more great experiences together!.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

Internet Free, Two for one meals, Free Parking, Two for one drinks, BUT when you check-out you have a $7.50 resort fee to pay, per person. And it's not verbally mentioned, but is in the FINE PRINT.

Staff very friendly, dinner rest. staff super, dinner meal was fair, breakfast a total disaster, buffet only, food not replenished, omlettes are tiny, coffee weak.

Room was fine.

Room Tip: Hotel is a 15 walk into town, there is a $1 shuttle you can catch.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive feedback on our staff service at our restaurant and hotel. We strive to make each guests experience a great one. I wanted to address the resort fee as your review stated it was a per person fee. It is based on the nights not the people in the room. We do provide you with our Isis Rewards cards that give you Buy one, get one free to our Breakfast buffet, Buy one get one free starbucks, free app or dessert with purchase on an entree and several other great offers while your staying with us.

I will share your feedback on the breakfast buffet with our restaurant manager. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to call me at 605-578-1500.

Best Regards,

Custer, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

My wife and I have been visiting Deadwood for more than 7 years and really enjoy the atmosphere of the whole town. We visit a few other casinos but always end up at our favorite, Cadilac Jacks. You can depend on a friendly and helpful staff along with a management team that makes the whole experience fun and rewarding. There's a large variety of gaming machines and added recently, more table games. We really enjoy the different fun things that the players club comes up with. We stayed at the Hotel during "Cool Deadwood Nights" and found the accommodations to be excellent. The room was very clean, the bed was wonderfully comfortable and all other ammenities satisfying.
We will stay here again and always come back to play at this casino. Thank you, Dick and Lou Shoff

• 5 of 5 bubbles
cjresortgm, Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Wow....reviews like this are why we love our job here at Cadillac Jacks. Repeat guests are the very backbone of any hotel and we are so honored that you have chosen us year after year for your Black Hills Getaway. The Player's Club does come up with some exciting stuff don't they! I can't wait to post this review as I know the staff will just beam with pride. We have a hard working group here that love our guests and celebrate each time they leave with a smile on their face.

Looking forward to your next visit!