“Hospitality”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Hospitality”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I Stayed here 1 night traveling through here 4 years ago. I had so much fun that I vowed that I would return if passing through again. The main reason my last stay was so much fun was because of 1 cocktail server. She was from my hometown and actually went to my high school. I sat and played blackjack for hours as she and the dealer staff created such a great vibe. When I came through this time I ran into some roadblocks that kept that vibe from returning. Some hiccups made me speak with the only F&B Manager in the building. Her name is Cathy (sp). I was having a really poor experience and she assured me that I would be well taken care of for the rest of my stay. I proceeded to have several fun-filled hours sitting at the Black Jack table due to Cathy's attention and the great dealers and Pitt Boss'. As I was heading to my room I told her that I had to get back to Omaha. She said, "I'm from Omaha". Cathy was the same cocktail server from 4 years ago. We quickly both remembered my last stay and She even pointed to the exact same area where I had played last time. OUTSTANDING! If you come to this Hotel and want great service, ask to talk to Cathy. And Cathy, I'm sorry if I keep misspelling your name. Best Hospitality. Born for it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Todd S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Palmer
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Rooms were great, food in restaurant was good and parking was very tight mainly due to the fact that bikers were in town for Sturgis next week. HOWEVER, we had an additional $25 tacked on to our room charge for two different taxes and a HISTORICAL MAINTENANCE FEE of $9.95.

1 Thank U9257JDlindab
New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

When will we be back in Deadwood? Maybe never. But if we do come back we will be staying here. Casino - check. Nice staff - check. Starbucks - check. Comfortable rooms - check. We booked a standard room for the night but we can't review that because the front desk offered us an upgrade to a suite for $10. Yes $10. Suite was big and beds were very comfy.

1 Thank roandsteve
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here one night, July 25, 2013. It was roomy but very dirty. There was heavy dust everywhere, the mirrors were streaked and dirty, there was a used cup in the TV cabinet and the inside of the bathroom door had something spattered all over it and running down the inside jamb. The parking was ridiculous too. I arrived early and still had to park in the second overflow lot. I was disappointed that though it seemed a nice room no care is taken nor any pride shown in the housekeeping. I live about 30 miles away and go to Deadwood routinely. Though I liked the room overall the filth is unacceptable and not something I'd expect for the amount of money I paid, or any amount for that matter.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Julia S
Ulysses, Kansas
Reviewed 28 July 2013

not good. poor services, keys would not work daily, parking horrible. food-don't eat there. booked with one day rewards and two days expedia, had to recheck in daily. they did not know this. i had to remind them daily. no consistency. nice people. good beds. don't stay there.

Room Tip: dont go here
1 Thank Mark G
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Anytime I come to Deadwood... Cadillac Jacks is the only place I play and stay. The rooms are amazing and their staff couldn't be better. All of the dealers in the blackjack pit (KC, Jeremy, Jeff, Mitch, Andrea, Karen, Mike, Tina, Paula, Linda, Kyle and the rest (sorry if I forgot you) plus the pit bosses and other staff, Chawn, Jordon, Colt, Joel and the lovely waitresses) male my stay perfect every time I'm there. Thank you guys so much.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Erika L
Ruthven, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotel was only going to be a one night stop on a 3000 mile trip. My husband was able to negotiate a great rate and we stayed in the Elliot Ness Suite. After one night, we threw away the itinerary and stayed the entire length of our vacation there. The area is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the hotel was GREAT! For the one night that the room was unavailable, the staff happily moved our luggage into another room and moved it back again for the next day. The breakfast buffet is 'buy one get one free' and the waffles, build it yourself omelets, and other options (such as prime rib on the weekend) make it more than worth it. Their sister hotel houses the pool and hot tub, which we really enjoyed and could conveniently walk to through the adjoining hallways. We could not hear the downstairs casino from our room, but we did play a little once in a while and ended up winning a little playing money while we were there. We really did not want to leave the hotel at the end of our vacation and would definitely stay there again whenever we get the chance.

Room Tip: The suites are probably nicer (as expected) than the standard rooms and the rooms toward the very ba...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple