“A WAY TO SPEND SOME TIME WHILE IN DEADWOOD”

Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The town is fun to visit.It can even be amusing at times as visitors are led to believe that you are back in time in an old western town. Actually you are still in the present and its only make believe...so dont get carried away into spending too much money here. Have a few laughs..play a few slots and get the heck out of town.Oh...and stay away from some of the blackjack tables in town.These are not your real big casinos with rules tightly enforced.It didnt take me long to see that the dealer can easily do some fake shuffles and stack the deck with a continuous round of "high and low" cards before putting back in the shoe.
The fact that you cut them means nothing...they still remain in that pattern!
Have fun..but dont stick around.Aside from all this..youll meet some friendly people that visit Cadillac Jacks and waitresses are friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 25 July 2014

With the Marriott entrance right next door and the hotels appearing to share the same bldg, one gets the first impression that CJ's is the ugly stepsister. The entrance at the south end of the bldg is like the Marriott's back-door, not as brightly lit, nor as shiny and new looking, without a covered drive-up entry. Check-in went great, but the hallway to the room was consistent with the ugly-stepsister motif, as the low ceilings made our 14-yr-old feel tall as she could reach up and touch them, not something she'd been able to do anywhere before, and left us wondering what we'd gotten into. However, the room was exceptional, spacious and comfortable, very quiet, great nights' sleep, easy access shower. Their hot-water system has some issues, with the shower taking momentary breaks, losing pressure and then spurting out water at a new temperature. After a day of sightseeing, we arrived back at our room around 9:00pm and noticed a room-service tray with food scraps in the hallway outside a neighboring room. It was still there when I went downstairs for coffee at 8:00am.

1  Thank MarkA1206
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great location, 10 minutes from route 90, same distance to Sturgis SD. Hotel staff is super nice and friendly! Casino has plenty to do with complimentary drinks including all soda and water. Free slot contests for guests and regular giveaways all day! Parking is good but they have overflow parking next door (I never had an issue). But if there was no parking fear not! Free valet parking! Rooms are huge and plush, wifi is free and works everywhere! Housekeeping is one of the best I have seen anywhere! Sports café has a great breakfast and you save 20%. Huge omlettes for $7. If I had one complaint, and I do, don't get a room in the front of the hotel. I went to bed at 3 am and was woken at 7 am by a motorcycle starting up, I was on the third floor.
BOTTOM LINE.....STAY HERE AND HAVE FUN! 2 MINUTES TO DOWNTOWN DEADWOOD!

Room Tip: Book a room in the back of the hotel. Less street and parking lot noise.
2  Thank PromoGuyNY
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We enjoyed our 2 day stay here. They are just outside of the Historic district. It is walkable, or you can pick up the trolley that stops in front of the hotel. Room was big and clean. A good value for the money, especially compared to some of the hotels we stayed in in the Black Hills. Won at the slots which makes it an even better place.

Room Tip: If you don't pay for a view you will see the cliff. Unless a view is important to you it isn...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kristi S, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Deadwood. We appreciate you choosing our hotel over the many other options in the downtown area. We truly value the high praise of the staff and our large hotel rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again and provide you with such an experience.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Perfect hotel for a weekend trip to Deadwood. Newer hotel with nice spacious rooms. The casino has every game you need and the service is awesome.The bar is a perfect place to watch sports highlights and drink beer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel and properties was very nice, but a little expensive. Clean. No smoke in the casino. Personnel were all very friendly. Can used accumulated points on players cards for meals, which was very nice. Seems to be one of the nicer casino/hotels in Deadwood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judy68127

We are thoroughly pleased to hear we could exceed your expectations. Our staff will be encouraged to know they could help make your stay in Deadwood an enjoyable one. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My experience at Cadillac Jacks was very positive until I checked out. It was then that I noticed on my bill that they have an extra fee called Cadillac Experience Fee. When I questioned the person at the front desk she informed me that a lot of motels in Deadwood charged this fee which is for the use of the microwave, refrigerator, and etc. She showed me that I had initialed that it was okay when I checked in. I guess my recommendation to everyone using motels in Deadwood is to be sure you read ALL that you are initialing. Sometimes they do put in hidden charges that we are not use too. Believe me I was educated. I was told you can refuse this charge so do read and refuse. With the price of the motel, they don't need to charge this and it least should have been upfront. Everything else was great.

3  Thank 19Rosie18