Upon arriving to the property on Monday, September 1st, everything seemed to be going good. Although there was no parking spaces available in the property parking lot, there were several spaces reserved for check-in only with a 15 minute limit. There were also several valet attendants nearby who asked if we needed assistance bringing in our belongings. Once we were completely unloaded, they valeted our vehicle to the parking garage below the hotel. The hotel check-in was very smooth and we proceeded to our room on the 4th floor. As we began to unpack our things, we came upon the first issue. There was leftover food containers in the refrigerator and of course it smelled like onions. I did immediately call down to the front desk and they sent up a janitorial person who removed the leftovers from the refrigerator. We continued to unpack and did not come upon the other issues until we returned to the room several hours later and after dark. Here is my list of housekeeping issues:
1) Thick dust everywhere including on the tv, mirrors, nightstand and desk.
2) Floor was not well vacumed.
3) Bathroom floor was not well cleaned under vanity.
4) Ice bucket still contained bag, melted ice and unknown food? from the previous guest.
5) Refrigerator ran constantly and was very loud.
6) Finger prints on tv, mirror and on nightstand.
But the final issue that we discovered when we were hanging our clothing in the open closet provided were clothing items on the floor that did not belong to us. I reached down to pick up and discovered a pair of women's soiled underwear (inside out of course) and a pair of leggings. To me this was certainly a clear sign that our housekeeper had not thoroughly cleaned this room. Who on earth wants to arrive to their destination to discover soiled clothing on floor along with the other items noted above? As it was late at night we decided to discuss the room issues with the hotel manager in the morning.
We headed to the front desk but was told that the hotel manager did not arrive until 5 pm and that the manager currently in charge would not be back for at least 5 minutes. We left as we already had planned a lot of sightseeing in the town of Deadwood. Upon our return around 6 pm we stopped at the front desk and I gave my list of issues to the hotel manager. He was very, very sorry for what we experienced and promised that the issues would be discussed with the housekeeping supervisor the next morning. He also offered to refund 50% of our two night stay and told us that he couldn't refund the entire amount as we had prepaid in order to obtain the best rate for the two nights we were to stay in Deadwood. The hotel manager then called for the janitor on duty to come to the front desk and he accompanied me to the room to confirm the items I had discussed with the hotel manager. He offered to immediate clean the room and do what was needed. He was very polite and was also very apologetic for what he observed. I hope to contact the general manager when we return home to find out if she had been informed of the issues with our room.
Our other minor observations of this property included a casino floor that was not cooled or ventilated very well and a restaurant that was understaffed at both of the times we ate there. (Dinner the first night and breakfast the first morning).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaming is only the beginning at Cadillac Jack's! Book a room at Cadillac Jack's Hotel & Suites, then hit it big on a gaming floor that houses hundreds of state-of-the-art slot machines, plus many exciting live table games. You're also invited to enjoy a drink and a meal at Brown Rock Sports Cafe, our on-site full-service restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Hotel And Suites Deadwood At Cadillac Jack`s Gaming Resort
- Americinn Hotel & Suites Deadwood At Cadillac Jack`s Gaming Deadwood
- Americinn Hotel Deadwood
- Deadwood Americinn Hotel