“Great hotel with its own casino”

Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Tucson, AZ
“Great hotel with its own casino”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

This is our second visit to this hotel. Deadwood is a fun city. We like the hotel because it has a small, fun manageable casino.....a reasonably priced adult playgound after a long day driving.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
South Dakota
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I could write a horror story about how we ended up here, but that's another review. We obviously missed the water problem the other reviewer had the night before because ours was fine. It is a chain hotel, but at 9:00 am we were given a very roomy,clean non-smoking room with no xtra charge for early check-in. Since we had to escape the location we had stayed the night before, we will be forever greatful. And let me tell you there were 4 women in this 2 queen bed room and we had plenty of room for our luggage. But the staff was amazing. They took us in and honestly saved our girl's weekend. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for great service!!!!! It is a little walk to downtown, but nothing major if you have good shoes. The trolley is right outside if you need it, so definitely worth a look.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 June 2009

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Americinn in Deadwood (even though it’s taken me a year to roll this out). I booked my reservation online and had the documentation of that with me, but when I arrived, my reservation couldn’t be located in their system. Since they didn’t have any more standard non-smoking rooms available, they gave me a complimentary upgrade to a non-smoking suite. Niiiice! The room was what I would expect. Spacious, in good condition/everything worked, clean, well stocked, and quiet. I particularly liked being able to open the windows and enjoy the fresh mountain air.

As I recall, I walked into town instead of taking the trolley. It wasn’t that bad of a walk for me, but there is a trolley stop conveniently located out front if you prefer that. Parking was complimentary, ample and easy.

While you are in Deadwood, I would recommend the Deadwood Social Club for a thoroughly tasty meal and catching one of the excellent tours of the Adams House.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank Lara67
Fort Lupton, Colorado
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Service in the hotel was very good. The room was nice, quiet, and clean. The shower was weak and the tub didn't drain well at all. The food in the "Sports Cafe" was below average. Overall the value for the price was not good at all.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
North Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2009

Well, there were problems: no hot tub due to water problems, no hot water one day for a few hours due to water problems, and the casino was offline for a whole day. The hotel is away from town and you either have to drive or take the $1/ride trolley. I would try the Holiday Inn Express down the street. It seemed like it had it together much better than Americinn. The Holiday Inn and Gold Dust had cheap/good breakfast buffets. The room was large and had a refrigerator and the cleaning crew was friendly. It was hard to get a parking space at night. We didn't try the sports bar after looking at the pricey menu.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2009

The rooms were larger than average and had a small refrigerator, microwave and vanity table. We enjoyed the casino and had some luck on the machines and won $100 in a random drawing. The hotel is a few blocks from the downtown area, but there is a trolley stop in front of the hotel that will take you downtown for $1. The hotel has a sports bar type restaurant. We had pizza there which was very good.

My only complaints about this hotel are:
1. Parking can be a problem during the busy Friday and Saturday nights when more people are coming into the casino
2. The Americinn website lists complimentary breakfast as the #2 reason to stay at an
Americinn. There was no complimentary breakfast at this hotel. The breakfast buffet
was $8.95.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 May 2009

When booking this hotel, I was under the impression it was in the heart of Deadwood. It's not. It is about a 4-block walk into historic Deadwood, so not THAT bad, but I was expecting to be right in town.

The hotel was average overall, and the price was a little much ($200+) for the experience.

There is a casino in the hotel which was, in our opinion, not very welcoming and the attendants/dealers seems downright annoyed to be there.

My kids enjoyed the pool, but want it to be known that the water tasted like salt. While that did not bother me, and they did continue to swim -- they just wanted me to share that.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family