“We would never stay any where else in Deadwood!”

Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed 3 November 2010

We were here over Halloween weekend and we have been here for the last 5 years on the same weekend. We have stayed here over Christmas week and New Years Eve. We always get the Elliot Ness suite. Our suite has always been great and the people are great. The payoff in the casino was better than most of the ones downtown.
The only thing bad is the cafe. We eat breakfast there and it is too expensive for what you get. It should either be better or make it free.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2010

This was a great stay, at a wonderful price. Almost perfect. First, the room. This is a new hotel/casino, and was built properly. Solid construction, high-end furnishings, thick towels, on and on. AND WiFi that works, with no hassle. It was as good as any hotel room I've been in, and I used to travel on an unlimited expense account. Now, the price. Deadwood is a tourist town, with only one season - the summer. It isn't on any road to anywhere (except Mt Rushmore) and they have ten times the hotel rooms they need for the rest of the year. I suspect Comfort or Motel 8 would rent a room for $50. We paid $60. What a deal!! Now the 'almost' perfect. Don't eat in the cafe. I've reviewed it under 'restaurants'. Terrible, including the breakfast buffet, which is the same as you get in any big chain, but here it's $8.50 each. The other thing is the lobby smell. The front desk is in the casino, and people smoke there. But on the non-smoking floors, no-one has EVER smoked, and there's no hint of chemical cover-up, either. Stay here. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

After leaving Rapid City, SD my husband and I arrived at the AmericInn in Deadwood, SD at 8:30 AM. We didn't have reservations. A double queen room was available immediately. We checked in & were in our room by 8:45 AM The room was absolutely HUGE, beautiful, well appointed and everything in the room was first class. We were going to stay another night but that being a Friday and the beginning of Octoberfest the room was sky high in price. It had a cafe, we had a fish dinner which was very good. The casino was not huge like Vegas but it had ample space & slot machines, very comfortable and easy to locate my "missing" husband. All employees were more than accomodating and made us feel special. I can't say anymore good things about this hotel. It was the best!!

Reviewed 5 October 2010

We were very happy staying here at Americ Inn/Cadillac Jacks. I felt safe and secure. We had fun and the staff was very obliging. We were treated as if we were special guests here.
The girls brought complimentary drinks often as we gambled. The service was great in the restaurant as well. All in all it was a great place to stay and I certainly would again.
The only thing that was a bit of a bother was that the parking was limited.

Lou B from BC Canada

Reviewed 30 September 2010

I enjoyed my stay at AmericInn. The Front Desk staff was fast & efficient which we appreciated after a long day of driving. My #1 pet peeve in a hotel is the room being very clean and this met my expectations. It could use some updating in terms of bedspreads, etc..., but that was minimal.

I ate in the restaurant a couple of times and it was good. They offer room service, but strangely enough there was not a menu in the room other than pizza delivery. I was traveling by myself and I enjoy room service when I am working in my room in the evening. I really didn't want a whole pizza, so I picked up food on my way back in the evening after my meeting.

I travel frequently and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We booked this hotel in Deadwood and went "whole hog" by reserving the Homestake Suite for four nights. Rates varied by night from 159.00 to 199.00. Total for the four nights after taxes came to a few cents under $800.00. The suite was nice with the jacuzzi tub in the sleeping room and was well kept up by the housekeeping staff. However, once you stepped out of the room, the smell of stale tobacco overwelmed you. For a non-smoker alergic to tobacco smoke, was pretty hard to handle. Slot machine payout in the Casino was terrible.

2  Thank Jeffry P K
Reviewed 18 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our small dog that was recovering from having a broken leg. It was our first time at this hotel in Deadwood and we picked it only because they would take pets. We were extremely happy with the friendly service, nice big rooms, great cleaning service and overall nice atmosphere. It would be nice if the free donuts in the morning were full size rather then minature ones.
Most hotels that take pets charge a one time fee, but their pet fee is $25.00 per day which is a bit steep! After staying 5 nights there, the pet fee added up to like staying an extra night at the hotel. If you plan on traveling with your pet,and staying more then a night or two, you may want to check out the other hotels with a one time pet fee.
Overall, we enjoyed trip to Deadwood and the friendly service at this hotel.