Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel & Gaming Complex
SpringHill Suites Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$117
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$120
The Hotel by Gold Dust(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$97
Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$109
Bullock Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$143
The Lodge at Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$111
Hotels.com
US$134
Hampton.com
US$136
US$126
Priceline
Iron Horse Inn(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$110
Travelocity
Hickok's Hotel & Gaming(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmotor lodgejohn waynehistoric charmstep back in timeold westgrand hotelold buildingstayed nightshistoryslots
Reviewed 9 November 2011

After reading the reviews of this hotel I was skeptical about staying there. Maybe it was because I was expecting the worst that I found it to be OK. My room was small, but friends had a big room, it was a little shabby but clean, the beds were comfortable, and the shower was hot. We faced the street so it was a little noisy but I had ear plugs so it wasn't an issue. The casino was nice, the buffet was excellent and since, I didn't spend much time there, the room was fine. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I would stay there again.

Room Tip: It would be quieter if the room wasn't on the street side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DakotaDolly
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The hotel was interesting because it was historic. You felt like you were going back in time. The rooms were ok but they do need to be updated. As long as I can sleep I'm ok. The windows were old they should but some money into updating them. I loved the Old West feel of the hotel. It was a good expierence I would go back again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank joan13_11
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I wanted a romantic getaway in a historic hotel. We didnt get it :( the staff was friendly and the casino and buffet were great but the rooms are horrible! The bed was smaller than stated online and very uncomfortable. The carpet was dirty and the bedding was old and dingy. It was very noisy and loud and we didnt get any sleep. We had reserved the room for two night and ended up only staying one because it was so bad. Worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandy B
Reviewed 2 October 2011

A bus tour company booked us here for one night, we did not stay at this hotel by choice. The hotel had a genuine creepiness about it that extended to our double room on the third floor, which turned out to be super tiny, with barely any space to place our 4 pieces of luggage. The beds and pillows were uncomfortable and the A/C radiator unit was noisy. We managed to get some sleep and the next morning the general consensus from the rest of the group was that they hated staying there and most were not able to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MelGarza
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to a meeting place we were in town to attend, given the dreadful parking situation in downtown Deadwood if you have to commute from farther away. Having been warned by tripadvisor, we knew to not stay at the old hotel but thought the Franklin motor inn across the street (part of the complex) would be OK. And to a certain degree, it was. The room was clean, the heating and air conditioning controls worked well, the king size bed was reasonably comfortable, there was hot water and a small TV. These are the basics one would expect. BUT, there was no room service, you had to go across a busy street into the old hotel to get any ice, there was no coffee shop and just one buffet restaurant in the basement of the adjacent casino. It would not take reservations, and at 6 p.m. on a Saturday night they told us there would be an hour and fifteen minute wait to get in. We didn't wait. You get all this for a two night package of $240. In short, the Franklin motor inn gets you Motel 6 accommodations at Hilton Inn prices. Speaking of the casino, it has been completely remodeled and is a glitzy as you could expect. Obviously, the hotel owners spent all of their money on the casino and not a dime on the hotel. AVOID THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. If you must stay in downtown Deadwood, choose the Hickock Hotel across the street. Friends who stayed there said it had been completely remodeled and prices were only slightly higher than the Franklin's.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family