I honestly don't know how some reviewers can give lousy reviews to some places. Especially when they have never actually STAYED there! My wife & I ALMOST canceled our reservation based on such a review but were glad we didn't. Our 'historic' corner room was on the third floor and you could look right down the wide main street all the way into downtown. It had a king-size bed and a large sitting area and was very nicely appointed with period furnishings. Yes, the bathroom was dated but isn't that what 'historic' is all about? Marble floors, tile walls and a clawfoot bathtub certainly did not detract from our experience. Yes, the air conditioner was small but still cooled the room nicely. The TV wasn't huge either, but who would want to sit around watching TV all day? Internet service was OK. Very nice linens and no smell whatsoever in our room, any of the other rooms we inspected or anywhere in the hotel for that matter! Grand staircases and hallways, period art adorning some of the walls. The hotel casino was very nice with a much larger one across the street in the 'sister' gaming area. The buffet was top-notch for both breakfast and dinner. On the surface, the room wasn't a great value at $130 but we received food, drink & gaming coupons worth over $60. Our stay gave us a taste of what the Old West might have been like so the experience itself was worth it!<p> In closing I would say that 'charm' and 'authenticity' more than make up for any shortcomings that might be inherent in a 100+ year old property. We are fussy travelers but also appreciate a break from interstate motel chains. We would stay again and that pretty much says it all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel and Gaming Complex is located at the Top of Main in the Historic town of Deadwood, SD. The Silverado & Franklin feature over 375 state of the art slot machines, 22-blackjack tables and 5 live poker tables in one of Deadwood's most elegant poker rooms. Callahan's Irish Pub and the Veranda (seasonal) serve all of your favorite spirits as does the lounge at the Silverado. All you can eat Crab and Prime Rib Buffet every Friday and Saturday. Deadwood's Premier Steakhouse - Legends Steakhouse serves breakfast and dinner daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel & Gaming Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel And Gaming Complex
- Silverado Franklin Historic Deadwood
- Historic Franklin Hotel