When they call it historic, they must mean in the sense that it's very, very old. This was our third visit to the Franklin. The first time we thought it was quaint. That was nearly 20 years ago. The second time we thought it was awful. We thought we'd give another try , and found it disappointing to say the least. The room was old (what do you expect in a hotel that's more than 100 years old?), but I would have traded quaint for hot running water when I tried to shave. We didn't gamble on having hot water in the shower. The hotel is close to all the casinos and other tourist attractions on Main Street, but there are better choices in hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel and Gaming Complex is located at the Top of Main in the Historic town of Deadwood, SD. The Silverado & Franklin feature over 375 state of the art slot machines, 22-blackjack tables and 5 live poker tables in one of Deadwood's most elegant poker rooms. Callahan's Irish Pub and the Veranda (seasonal) serve all of your favorite spirits as does the lounge at the Silverado. All you can eat Crab and Prime Rib Buffet every Friday and Saturday. Deadwood's Premier Steakhouse - Legends Steakhouse serves breakfast and dinner daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel & Gaming Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel And Gaming Complex
- Silverado Franklin Historic Deadwood
- Historic Franklin Hotel