My Wife and I stayed there the first week in May, 2010, when we first arrived in Deadwood SD, we found the town to be very charming and quite. We rolled up on to the Franklin Hotel and from the outside it looked very historic and quite charming. My Wife got out and asked the lady at the front desk how much? She came back and said $55.00 per night for a King size bed type room. Well the price is right??? So we thought??? We head over to the elevator and out comes this guy who works there and he is about 7 foot tall “No joke” I thought it was Lurch from the Adams Family at first. LOL…!!! Well long story short, the room smelled very musty and old. The bathroom was very out dated and very small, I think the bed was from early 1900’s….. Starting at about 3:00 AM the ghost kick in and they made some ruckus for about 2 hours, but the real winner was at 7:00 AM when the school kids show up and start making a ton of noise for one and half hours.
Bottom line is if you like old smelly things and small bathrooms and a 7:00 AM wakeup call by 30 screaming kids that is the place for you..!!!! The Ghost’s were the best thing about that place.!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel and Gaming Complex is located at the Top of Main in the Historic town of Deadwood, SD. The Silverado & Franklin feature over 375 state of the art slot machines, 22-blackjack tables and 5 live poker tables in one of Deadwood's most elegant poker rooms. Callahan's Irish Pub and the Veranda (seasonal) serve all of your favorite spirits as does the lounge at the Silverado. All you can eat Crab and Prime Rib Buffet every Friday and Saturday. Deadwood's Premier Steakhouse - Legends Steakhouse serves breakfast and dinner daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel & Gaming Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel And Gaming Complex
- Silverado Franklin Historic Deadwood
- Historic Franklin Hotel