“Not grocery store chocolate!”

Chubby Chipmunk Hand-Dipped Chocolates
Ranked #2 of 12 Shopping in Deadwood
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Deadwood, South Dakota, Chubby Chipmunk Hand-Dipped Chocolates has long been a favorite stop for tourists and locals alike. We have been creating decadent confections ever since opening seven years ago, and our small chocolate boutique very rarely has one-time customers. We believe in our product and a policy of free samples, so let us show you why one taste of our chocolate will make you a die-hard fan! Our Truffles are made with "butter and love" and are "To Sigh For"
NW
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Not grocery store chocolate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

So we drove right by, and I had to ask my husband to turn back around. I knew I'd seen a review of Chubby Chipmunk and had to try it. No, I'm not a chocoholic. In fact, don't eat chocolate very often. This was definitely worth turning around for. At the time we stopped, they were having an electrical problem, and were selling out of the front vending machine. Choosing quickly, I walked away with a four piece assorted box. Oh! After eating my first one, I was sorry that I had to share with my husband - I wanted to taste the difference in all four pieces. Heaven. Did I see somewhere that they also sell by mail order?.............

Visited July 2013
1 Thank FERGSON

Watertown, South Dakota
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Amazing! Don't stop early in your trip or you'll be back every day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Truly amazing chocolates--hand dipped decadent delights! They describe their candies as 'blissful decadent enchantment and they are right! This amazing shop is housed in an unlikely building that looks like a redeemed gas station. We made our second trip here on the 4th of July and had to wait in line to experience the delight. They have wonderful ice cream reasonably priced, too.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank CharleenW_13
Bedfordshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“yum chocolates!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

whilst on holiday recently we dropped in on the 'Chubby Chocolate' shop and it lived up to our expectations having seen their web site previously. The lady that helped up was enthusiastic and happy to let us try some small sample tasters to make our choice. If you are a Chocolate lover you will be missing out if you don't drop by- I can assure you. If this is not possible then check out their web site, make your selection, pay you money and wait for the post man to make your day!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank wezzers101
winnipeg
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Worth Stopping in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Cute place, but you have to look for it or you might miss it and you dont want to!

Very friendly and helpful staff...and samples:)

The truffles are incredibly rich and tasty, we would share one and be good for a while, would make a nice gift for any chocolate lovers.

Visited May 2013
Joliet, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“If you love chocolate, must go!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I saw this chocolate company listed in our AAA trip book so I thought we owed it to ourselves to try it. You could almost drive right past the store without seeing it. These chocolates are heavenly and addicting. They will let you taste any of them before buying so certainly ask if you need to taste.

Visited April 2013