Chubby Chipmunk Hand-Dipped Chocolates
Ranked #3 of 18 Shopping in Deadwood
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Deadwood, South Dakota, Chubby Chipmunk Hand-Dipped Chocolates has long been a favorite stop for tourists and locals alike. We have been creating decadent confections ever since opening seven years ago, and our small chocolate boutique very rarely has one-time customers. We believe in our product and a policy of free samples, so let us show you why one taste of our chocolate will make you a die-hard fan! Our Truffles are made with "butter and love" and are "To Sigh For"
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Some of the best truffles I have ever tasted! It is a little shop that is off the beaten path at Deadwood, but definitely worth the stop. They are so soft and chocolatey inside.

2  Thank rita11
"machine"
in 10 reviews
"purchase"

Reviewed 11 July 2013

The chocolate is excellent as well as the truffles, but the prices are a bit much and honestly even though it is good chocolate, it's really not worth the amount they are asking

Reviewed 5 July 2013

So we drove right by, and I had to ask my husband to turn back around. I knew I'd seen a review of Chubby Chipmunk and had to try it. No, I'm not a chocoholic. In fact, don't eat chocolate very often. This was definitely worth turning around for. At the time we stopped, they were having an electrical problem, and were selling out of the front vending machine. Choosing quickly, I walked away with a four piece assorted box. Oh! After eating my first one, I was sorry that I had to share with my husband - I wanted to taste the difference in all four pieces. Heaven. Did I see somewhere that they also sell by mail order?.............

1  Thank FERGSON
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Truly amazing chocolates--hand dipped decadent delights! They describe their candies as 'blissful decadent enchantment and they are right! This amazing shop is housed in an unlikely building that looks like a redeemed gas station. We made our second trip here on the 4th of July and had to wait in line to experience the delight. They have wonderful ice cream reasonably priced, too.

1  Thank CharleenW_13
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2013

whilst on holiday recently we dropped in on the 'Chubby Chocolate' shop and it lived up to our expectations having seen their web site previously. The lady that helped up was enthusiastic and happy to let us try some small sample tasters to make our choice. If you are a Chocolate lover you will be missing out if you don't drop by- I can assure you. If this is not possible then check out their web site, make your selection, pay you money and wait for the post man to make your day!

1  Thank wezzers101