“Chocolate was good, Service was Better!!”

Chubby Chipmunk Hand Dipped Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Deadwood
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were told by several locals to check this place out. When we arrived, it was closed. Incredibly they have a vending machine outside that offers select options around the clock. We had a minor issue where the machine ate our money. I was nervous to put more in thinking the results would be the same. A one point a car drove by and then turned around. It was the owner. She stopped to make sure the vending machine wasn't acting up. The vending machine problem ended up being my fault. Apparently I wasn't paying attention and put money in a spot where there wasn't anything to dispense. Either way I thought it was extremely awesome for the owner to stop (It was later in the evening). She quickly ran inside and grabbed some chocolate for us. It was delicious!!!!! I will be back next time I am in the area.

There are newer reviews for Chubby Chipmunk Hand Dipped Chocolates

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The chocolates are amazing! They are beautiful and delicious. Note the 24 hr emergency vending just outside. Raspberry Royale was a piece of heaven.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I saw this place was voted #1 on TripAdvisor for Deadwood and I was intrigued. We stopped by on our way out of town and it was worth it. It is nestled in an old building, but don't let that fool you! The truffles were to die for! We ended up buying a large box to take home, but they didn't last long. I've eaten my share of premium truffles from Germany and Switzerland and I believe these are just as good!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

One of my friends suggested we make a quick stop between work committments! So glad that we did. The location is a little hard to find since it is not right on the part of Main with most of the attractions but worth seeking out! They are kind of known for their salted caramel ice cream! If this sounds at all appealing you need to try it!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I'd been hearing about this chocolate place for a while and decided to give it a try. It smells wonderful inside - my husband thought it was too strong and went outside to wait. They have lots of cute chocolate creations, but were out of the two things I decided to order. I finally chose a couple of other items, and they were delicious.