“New hotel - great location - friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Deadwood

SpringHill Suites Deadwood
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Dallas, Texas
“New hotel - great location - friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a new hotel built adjacent to Cadillac Jack Casino. There is valet service and an underground garage for parking. Thank goodness for valet ( 24 hrs) because the garage is small and on busy weekends it fills up quickly. The lobby is spacious, beautiful, with a full service bar. This hotel is located on the outskirts of town and main street Deadwood is not within walking distance in my opinion. There is trolley service and taxi service available both very economical. We had a studio suite and it was very nicely appointed. Comfortable sitting area, wet bar, outstanding bed and a fantastic walk in shower. The lighting in the bathroom is bright and perfect for those of us who put on makeup every morning. The only complaint I have is there are very few drawers though there are shelves in the closet. There is no portable luggage rack and they suggest that you put your luggage on top of the AC unit. I think that is extremely strange and is not where I want to put my luggage. But other than those two small points , it is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the parking lot/ hill across the street or you will look at a straight up and do...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JeanP777
SpringHill G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
JeanP777,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Black Hills. We appreciate your great review and are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Parking is definately tight in our Historic town but with the underground parking and free valet service we hope this alleviates any issues guests may have finding parking. The trolley stop is located right outside our doors so its easy to jump on the trolley 2x per hour and be downtown in minutes.

Thank you for your comments on the luggage bench over the AC. We have heard some guests are confused by this so we have luggage racks available to our guests on request. Just call the front desk and we will bring one right up.

We hope you will visit us again soon,

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Roscoe, IL, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Took my wife and two daughters for a road trip from Chicago to Deadwood to Rushmore to Estes Park Colorado. This hotel is nicely situated, price is decent, my wife and girls thought the room layout and "mood" was the best they had ever been in. The pool area has a retractable roof which makes it great. The restaurant is not bad but not good. The Starbucks service in the morning is miserable. My wife NEEDS coffee in the morning, I drink coffee all over the world and can't stand typical American hotel coffee. We both get up around 5am. Pretty sure the woman at Starbucks was hungover both days. Waited 20 minutes for coffee. (I'd sure never wait 20 minutes for a bottle of water.)
The town is typical tourist trap found all over the world. Something unique has become over-commercialized. It's ok though.
A few great stops in the area: Badlands National Park
Andy's Trail Rides in Lead, SD.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank MPChicago13
MPChicago13,

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites for your Deadwood stopover. I am so happy to hear your family enjoyed the rooms and pool. Guest after guest are sharing with us how much they love the decor and design of the rooms.

My apologies that you did not have good service at the Starbucks located next door to our hotel. I have alerted the food and beverage manager next door of your review so she can address your comments with her staff about the 20 minute wait time.

We do have cofffee available from 5:30 am to 10:30 am each morning in our hotel as well as the in room coffee provided in your room.

We hope you had a safe trip home to Chicago and hope we will see you and your family in the future.

All the best to you and yours!

GM
Jesup
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is an awesome brand new hotel! For what we spend for one night would of loved to stay longer! The breakfast was a feast-so many options to suit anyone's taste buds! The pool looked great but didn't have time to try it out!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Brenda S
Brenda,

Thank you for the review. Our free breakfast is pretty amazing isnt it. I like to think Sue, Judy and Robert bring a little to making it as special as it is. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Montana and thank you for stopping by and visiting us on your way home. Hopefully next time you can enjoy our pool and other facilities!

Safe travels,

Alpine, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

We will definitely stay here again. The rooms are beautiful - clean, big and comfortable. Nice indoor pool. They open up the roof during the summer so it was not hot and stuffy like some indoor pools are. Sue at the continental breakfast was great. She was really friendly and fun to talk to, as all of the staff were. Jacob at the front desk was great too. I highly recommend this hotel. My only complaint is having to pay $10/day for parking. Shouldn't parking be included as a guest of the hotel?

1 Thank Mary A
Mary,

Thank you for the great review of the hotel and staff. We are so appreciative of you and your family visiting us from Utah. Thank you for the comments on the parking as well. We offer secured underground parking here at the hotel. Don't forget the rewards card you receive at check in that gives you $15 in free play at Cadillac Jacks as well as BOGO, Starbucks, CJ's Breakfast Buffet, Free Drinks and more.

We hope to see more of you and your family in years to come.

Durand, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stopped on our way back from Yellowstone. What a cool town and an awesome hotel. The kids loved the unique pool and the room was very big and clean. Breakfast was great and the staff was very helpful.

Nicole,

Thank you and your family for choosing to stay with us on your return trip from Yellowstone. I have yet to go there but its definately on my list of things to do. I am so glad you stopped in our little town of Deadwood. I think the Historic town and the surrounding Black Hills are extremley special and worth a visit. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel room, staff and the pool. Please come see us again.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I had an extended stay at the SpringHill Suites during the month of June and July. The service there was incredible. The room was absolutely gorgeous, and spotless. By the end of my time, all of the workers new my name and always greeted me like we were old friends. The housekeepers knew me by name and always called at the end of their shift to see if I needed anything extra. Sue, who I saw every morning, was the pinnacle of what every hotel employee should be. She goes out of her way to make everyone feel at home, and she does her job immaculately. This was my first time in this area of the country, an I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat. Plus, there are free drinks from 6-7 pm, and who can argue with that? This was one of my all time favorite trips because of the scenery adn the culture here. But what really made this trip amazing, was the service I received at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Connor E
Mr. English,

What a pleasure it was to have you all staying with us here in Deadwood. We love long term stays as it gives us an opportunity to really get to know our guests. I hope your time here in the Black Hills was enjoyable and not all work related.

Thank you for the comments on our staff and the service. We are a new hotel but I am very proud of our team. They truly care and that makes all the difference in the world!

Looking forward to your return. Don't work to hard!

Deborah Rumpel, GM
Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

This hotel was awesome! Kids loved the pool and the location is really great. Definitely will be staying here again!

The only con is it costs $10 per day to park, but your vehicle is in an underground parking ramp so it is safe from weather...just not secure which I think they should change.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool which was great because we could see who was all in there. Pool w...
Jodi L,

Thank you for the amazing review. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed our hotel and the pool. Thank you for the feedback on our underground parking garage. It does have a garage door which closes and opens now via your hotel key card.

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to your family visiting us again soon from Minnesota.

Deborah Rumpel, GM