SpringHill Suites Deadwood
The Hotel by Gold Dust(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
Comfort Inn and Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
ComfortInn
Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$49
Holiday Inn Express Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$78
Bullock Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$110
The Lodge at Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$82
US$50
Super 8 Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$79
Deadwood Gulch Resort(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$62
Travelocity
US$92
US$89
Priceline
All reviewsparking feeinfinity poolfrosted glassretractable roofcadillac jackslobby barsitting areasofa bedentire roomfire pitbrown rocknice poolthe hotel is cleanattached casinoroad tripbeautiful hotelbathroom door
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I took out one point because the mandatory parking charge. I told the front desk we will park off the street because the free parking on weekend, but was told I would be charged no matter I used the lot or not. If this was the case, they should include the parking fee into the room rate! I hated to argue with the staff at our valuable vacation. The room itself is 100% satisfied. The split bath makes it more convenient in our 2 Queens Suites. The spa-like pool is the best part of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ChristinaF
SpringHill G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

ChristinaF,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The pool is pretty great isn't it. The retractable roof gives you an outdoor feeling!!! Our hotel does have a parking fee daily and we offer secured parking in our downstairs parking lot. We do offer you the rewards card that gives you amazing savings throughout our entire complex as well as the complimentary valet service.

We are so glad you loved our hotel. If you come back to visit us from Georgia, we do hope you will stay with us again.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was prepared to be impressed, and from an aesthetic standpoint this hotel is very beautiful. It is brand new and sparkly, the beds were comfortable, but the a/c unit rattled when it was on. It was enough to wake my husband and I up during the night.

The staff wasn't friendly, to the point I felt like I was not welcome with my family. What really struck me the most is that no one smiled or offered friendly advice on what to see or do in Deadwood, at the hotel, or in the area at all.

I guess when I look for places to stay I don't mind spending extra for great customer service, and when that service is lacking I don't feel that the value is there.

• Stayed: August 2013

Tiffany C,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Thank you for the lovely thoughts on the décor and comfort of the hotel. I am sincerely sorry you did not feel as if our staff was friendly here at the SpringHill Suites. Would you be willing to please call me to share specifically your experience so that I may address areas we could improve. 605-559-1600.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We booked 2 nights in a king suite. It was a breath of fresh air in the mid grade hotels we had experienced in the Black Hills areas. This hotel is brand new, modern decor, spacious and comfortable. The room was decorated with modern furnishings, nice mattress, fluffy comforter, and large tv. Bathroom was huge with a large walkin shower, no tub, great double mirror with lots of lighting, and modern vanity and sink. Our room faced the street, which I would recommend as the back rooms face a wall. With the window closed it was really quiet even though it is connected to a casino. Happy Hour each night features complimentary beer and wine and half price appetizers. Nice area outside the lobby to sit for happy hour or a drink later. Breakfast offerings were good. The hotel is a few blocks from the main Deadwood area, which makes it a lot more quiet. Although there were nice fitness facilities and pool, we did not try them. Stay here. You will like it.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the street for a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JLR410

JLR410,

WOW Thank you both for staying with us and for sharing how much you enjoyed the hotel. We sincerely strive to provide the best for our guests from the minute your walk through the door. We hope you will visit us again from Wisconsin and appreciate our taking the time to write this review.

Safe travels!!!

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

At check just have me a placard for parking but neglected to tell me I was being charged $12.95 for parking! Why are they charging for parking- charge the people who ONLY come to the casino... Makes no sense. I brought it up at check out and front desk just said sorry. I was also upset that at check in the clerk also neglected to tell me about springhill's free breakfast buffet! She only pushed using the bogo breakfast at the attached casino called brown rock sports cafe and other deals at the casino. Luckily when we were bringing our luggage to the car we just happened to see the breakfast area so even tho the official time was over we were able to scrounge up a decent meal. Hotel itself is fabulous but their front desk staff needs to get it together and promote their hotel not the casino! By the way the casino was kind of cute/ pitiful- we won about $60 and left. Brown rock sports cafe was swarming with flies when we had pizza dinner there and get this- there was a live fly in the cheese shaker! Gross- brought it to the wait staffs attention and they just brought us a new one- after I lost my appetite! The management company of the whole complex is Isis Hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank lovetoeatout25

lovetoeatout25,

We appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for letting us know that you loved the décor. We are a brand new hotel and I will share this review with my staff to ensure they go over the Free Breakfast. Depending on how our reservation was made the parking fee and breakfast are mentioned during the reservation process as well as online on our website and again in the Room Directory. I will ensure the staff does not take for granted that our guests know this. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel has good reviews and I can see why....new hotel, clean great staff...BUT

The bathroom doors are glass and there is only one switch for light in the bath and the sink lights are located directly in line with the bed. When my wife woke up at 2 am she closed the door went in the bathroom flipped on the light and I woke out of a sound sleep thinking a car was coming at me. The sink lights (8 of them) were directly on the other side of the full glass door. Scared the ....out of me.

We also put our luggage on the luggage rack set right over the air conditioner which forced air on me lying in bed all night long. I ended up with a cold. The room is nicely divided into a bed area and a living area but again all the glass between the partitions make it impossible to use it while the other person is sleeping

The designer of these rooms was obviously not qualified to design places for human habitation. European style, but style doesn't make up for a poor designer.

The free wine at the cocktail hour sounded good but it was terrible! Not just cheap but just terrible.

Also nothing in the add for the hotel told us that we were going to be in a Casino. Frankly that is all Deadwood is .....one casino after another.

The staff was very nice however! So we did not complain.....but buyer beware!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MactheHandiman

MactheHandiman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to know you found the hotel new, clean and the staff great. I have shared this review with the design staff at Marriott due to your concerns about the glass doors in the bathroom area.

I am sorry that you did not find the hotel decor to be aesthetically pleasing. The comments from our guests since opening have been extremely positive. As for the luggage bench over the A/C unit, we have addressed the desire that some of our guests need an additional luggage rack. One quick phone call to the desk and we can bring one right up.

The Manager's reception from 6pm-7pm has been a huge hit and I apologize that the free Apothic Red Wine or Ménage a Trois White did not satisfy your pallete. We also offered many domestic beers as well.

Our hotel as mentioned above is not a casino. We are however connected to a casino next door called Cadillac Jack's. Deadwood is known for its historic charm and for its casinos as well as the amazing scenery known as the Black Hills that houses our Historic little town.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and letting us know you appreciated our staff and clean rooms.