“Great motel!”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Nebraska
“Great motel!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here for Kool Deadwood nights.

New motel - very very nice!

Staff was very friendly - room clean.

One downfall to a great weekend was having to wait 45 minutes to get my car brought around. One would think you might put on extra staff for a busy weekend.

That took my rating from excellent to average.

1 Thank Hemisphere_Dancer63
SpringHill G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our new hotel. We appreciate the opprotunity to serve you and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the delay in retreiving your car from valet. Kool Deadwood Nites is our busiest time of year especially for our valets. Suggestion for next time, call the desk in advance before coming down to limit your wait time.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your Deadwood getaway.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great service - super helpful when I called direct at last minute for a room on one of their busiest weekends. Great new, modern-design room. Beautiful big shower, large towels, comfortable bed, great room layout. Free breakfast is OK. Cadillac Jack's Casino is next door. We got $15 credit for the casino for each night along with BOGO Starbucks (my pick, of course), or could pick buy entree get free dessert or BOGO full breakfast. Also got vouchers for 1 free wine/beer each night (which we gave away). All nice perks. The room is quiet except the road noise - I'd suggest a room facing the back if you don't want to hear motorcycles going by (there are alot of motorcycles in this area even though there is no motorcycle event). 44 miles from Mt Rushmore, beautiful area, interesting history downtown (where Wild Bill Hickock was killed....and buried on the hill outside town in Mount Moriah Cemetary) so this is good stopping point if you are sightseeing.

Room Tip: Rooms facing back don't have a view, but would have less road noise (there are alot of motorcycl...
2 Thank Karen R
SpringHill G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Karen,

Thank you so much for visiting all the way from Greenville, SC. We hope you enjoyed Kool Deadwood Nights and appreciate very much the comments on the staff, breakfast, décor and overall service. Summertime is a very popular time for motorcycles (Sturgis Rally is at the beginning of the month), convertibles, RV's and is our peak tourist time. It was a pleasure to have had you visit and we look forward to you visiting again soon. HINT -The Fall colors are amazing!!!

Best Regards,

Deborah Rumpel, GM
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Beware of the hidden $12.95 fee to park at this hotel. While everything else about the room was beautiful and state of the art, I resented that was listed as $169, turned out to be a $200 per nite room,after taxes and parking. Also, be alert that the $15 free dollars to be spent in casino, need to be matched by your out of pocket money. This hotel is verrrry far from downtown, but there was a trolley that operated into town for $1.00 .

1 Thank Runleeny
Runleeny,

Thank you for our review. We are happy you enjoyed the décor and style of our hotel. We do charge for parking here at this hotel. Parking is extremely limited in our Historic town and we offer secured parking below the hotel for our guests. We do not hide this as the sign is posted at check in, in the room, online and during the check in process.

We also offer Free hot breakfast, A manager's reception with free beer and wine, several buy one get on free offers at our restaurant and Starbucks as well as the $15 in Cadillac Cash next door at the casino.

We do hope ever other aspect of our stay was wonderful. We are 2 blocks from the beginning of Historic Main Street and only steps from the Deadwood trolley pick up you mentioned.

Have a great day and we hope you will visit us again in the future.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I took out one point because the mandatory parking charge. I told the front desk we will park off the street because the free parking on weekend, but was told I would be charged no matter I used the lot or not. If this was the case, they should include the parking fee into the room rate! I hated to argue with the staff at our valuable vacation. The room itself is 100% satisfied. The split bath makes it more convenient in our 2 Queens Suites. The spa-like pool is the best part of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank ChristinaF
ChristinaF,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The pool is pretty great isn't it. The retractable roof gives you an outdoor feeling!!! Our hotel does have a parking fee daily and we offer secured parking in our downstairs parking lot. We do offer you the rewards card that gives you amazing savings throughout our entire complex as well as the complimentary valet service.

We are so glad you loved our hotel. If you come back to visit us from Georgia, we do hope you will stay with us again.

Safe travels!
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was prepared to be impressed, and from an aesthetic standpoint this hotel is very beautiful. It is brand new and sparkly, the beds were comfortable, but the a/c unit rattled when it was on. It was enough to wake my husband and I up during the night.

The staff wasn't friendly, to the point I felt like I was not welcome with my family. What really struck me the most is that no one smiled or offered friendly advice on what to see or do in Deadwood, at the hotel, or in the area at all.

I guess when I look for places to stay I don't mind spending extra for great customer service, and when that service is lacking I don't feel that the value is there.

• Stayed August 2013
Tiffany C,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Thank you for the lovely thoughts on the décor and comfort of the hotel. I am sincerely sorry you did not feel as if our staff was friendly here at the SpringHill Suites. Would you be willing to please call me to share specifically your experience so that I may address areas we could improve. 605-559-1600.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We booked 2 nights in a king suite. It was a breath of fresh air in the mid grade hotels we had experienced in the Black Hills areas. This hotel is brand new, modern decor, spacious and comfortable. The room was decorated with modern furnishings, nice mattress, fluffy comforter, and large tv. Bathroom was huge with a large walkin shower, no tub, great double mirror with lots of lighting, and modern vanity and sink. Our room faced the street, which I would recommend as the back rooms face a wall. With the window closed it was really quiet even though it is connected to a casino. Happy Hour each night features complimentary beer and wine and half price appetizers. Nice area outside the lobby to sit for happy hour or a drink later. Breakfast offerings were good. The hotel is a few blocks from the main Deadwood area, which makes it a lot more quiet. Although there were nice fitness facilities and pool, we did not try them. Stay here. You will like it.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the street for a view.
2 Thank JLR410
JLR410,

WOW Thank you both for staying with us and for sharing how much you enjoyed the hotel. We sincerely strive to provide the best for our guests from the minute your walk through the door. We hope you will visit us again from Wisconsin and appreciate our taking the time to write this review.

Safe travels!!!
golden, CO
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

At check just have me a placard for parking but neglected to tell me I was being charged $12.95 for parking! Why are they charging for parking- charge the people who ONLY come to the casino... Makes no sense. I brought it up at check out and front desk just said sorry. I was also upset that at check in the clerk also neglected to tell me about springhill's free breakfast buffet! She only pushed using the bogo breakfast at the attached casino called brown rock sports cafe and other deals at the casino. Luckily when we were bringing our luggage to the car we just happened to see the breakfast area so even tho the official time was over we were able to scrounge up a decent meal. Hotel itself is fabulous but their front desk staff needs to get it together and promote their hotel not the casino! By the way the casino was kind of cute/ pitiful- we won about $60 and left. Brown rock sports cafe was swarming with flies when we had pizza dinner there and get this- there was a live fly in the cheese shaker! Gross- brought it to the wait staffs attention and they just brought us a new one- after I lost my appetite! The management company of the whole complex is Isis Hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank lovetoeatout25
lovetoeatout25,

We appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for letting us know that you loved the décor. We are a brand new hotel and I will share this review with my staff to ensure they go over the Free Breakfast. Depending on how our reservation was made the parking fee and breakfast are mentioned during the reservation process as well as online on our website and again in the Room Directory. I will ensure the staff does not take for granted that our guests know this. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you and your family again in the future.