SpringHill Suites Deadwood
The Hotel by Gold Dust(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
Comfort Inn and Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$67
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Express Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$78
US$50
US$45
Hampton.com
Bullock Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$110
Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelocity
Super 8 Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$79
Deadwood Gulch Resort(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$62
US$92
US$89
Priceline
Celebrity Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelocity
All reviewsparking feeinfinity poolfrosted glassretractable roofcadillac jackslobby barsitting areasofa bedentire roomfire pitbrown rocknice poolthe hotel is cleanattached casinoroad tripbeautiful hotelbathroom door
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This property is a great location to stay if you are visiting the Black Hills area. It is far enough removed from the historic part of Deadwood to be quiet but close enough to see all there is to see in the town. The staff here (especially Heather) is very knowledgable about the surrounding areas and sites. Heather outlined some day trips for us...we followed her recommendations and saw more than we ever expected to see including some "off the beaten path" places we would have never found on our own.
The hotel is clean and well maintained. Our "studio" room was spacious and well appointed. If you like casinos, Cadillac Jacks adjoins the property. For your daily parking fee, there are "perks" at Cadillac Jacks, some local restaurants and for the daily managers reception.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SpringHill G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Judy – Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our modern design. Letting us know your suite was exactly what you wanted is music to our ears!

I appreciate you letting me know that Heather took great care of you while you were here and was able to give you good directions on places to go in the area.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We booked this hotel a year in advance for the Sturgis Rally. It was ridiculously expensive, but we didn't mind, I know everyone tries to make money during that week, but I talked to several people who all paid different prices ranging from $499-$799 per night ! Yikes....

So the positive- beautiful pool and hot tub. It's indoors, but overlooks the street , pool is "infinity pool" style, perfect temperature. The lobby and rooms are beautiful and tasteful. Location is great if you're visiting the Deadwood area, or doing any sightseeing. Good location for Sturgis too, not far ,but not right in town either....

Now the problems- upon check-in we were given vouchers for one free drink per room , per day from 6-7 pm in the lobby bar. Obviously there were 2 of us, so that seemed a bit rude. I think it would be better to say "buy one get one free" which would be the same ,yet not feel so awkward?? They also seemed to look at us with attitude when we presented the coupon so I only used it one night...
Now this lobby bar ,which looks very nice and has ample seating needs improvement. The bartender was not able to keep up with all the drinks being ordered, and did not have many items we ordered. For the first two days of our stay there was no Bloody Mary mix?? We ordered a few items from their appetizer menu, only to have him come over later and say they were out! No wings, no nachos, no fries, no bar snack food even on their menu?? We ordered some queso dip which was DISGUSTING-watery cheese with clumps of ? In it..... Unfortunately there is no other restaurant in the hotel, except for the casino, which has exactly the same menu!? Not sure if they are owned by the same company, but we were very disappointed not to have an option for a "nice" meal ( steak etc..) in the hotel or casino.

Another thing lacking was snack options. There are no vending machines, but they do sell some snacks in the lobby. That's fine, but they did not have any candy bars? No chocolate? Not Snickers, Reese's, no cookies.......I bought Rice Krispie treats and granola bars!? Come on guys....during the week of Sturgis you should have kept your supplies stocked!!

Over the course of our stay I got less and less impressed with the front desk staff as they all seemed very young, and did not have knowledge of the area to answer our questions. I asked about a post office ,and they did know the hours? When I checked out the girl was busy cleaning windows in the lobby ( which had become disgustingly dirty- don't they have other staff to do that anyway??) and I had to cough to get her attention. She looked at the computer and said " one minute" while she went to get a manger ,which made me feel like I had done something wrong...?? I did not feel appreciated as a customer at all by the time we checked out.

The hotel is beautiful but I don't know if I would stay there again.....and certainly not for $500-700 per night.....:-(

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Libbi – Thank you for taking the time to review the Spring Hill Suites Deadwood for your Sturgis Rally stay. Rally is the busiest time of year for us and we were happy that you decided to spend the 74th Rally with us. We offer happy hour in the Lobby bar from 4pm-6pm and give you a free drink ticket per day. Along with that are BOGO offers at Starbucks, in the Brown Rock restaurant which I believe our staff failed to point out to you as they offer excellent steaks, pork chops etc on the menu. I will communicate your review with the restaurant managers to provide feedback of your experience. All of the food offered at the SpringHill bar comes from the Brown Rock restaurant next door. We do offer the hotel market that is filled with a veriety of options for drinks, snacks and frozen options and we are sorry to hear that you didn’t find exactly what you wanted during your stay.

I truly appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit us again soon. Please know your comments are important to us and we will reevaluate our back stock and staffing levels to ensure issues like this do not happen for next years rally.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked this hotel as it had rooms with 2 queens and a pull-out couch (which is perfect for our family of 5) and was rated high on trip-advisor. It was a bit pricey, but tripadvisor had not steered me wrong before. The hotel is quite new so it looks nice, rooms are comfortable although they have the same frosted window bathroom doors as other Springhill hotels - which seem a poor design choice as you can't be in the bathroom without lighting up the whole room and waking others. The wifi did not work in our room the 3 days we stayed, we had to sit out by the elevator to send/receive email. Shampoo/conditioner bottles are small and were used up after 2 people showered- and were not replenished by housekeeping. Housekeeping made the beds and brought new towels but left dirty towels on the floor. We had a 2nd floor pool view room which was not very sound proof - woke up at 6am to screaming children. Breakfast was decent but noticed that the mason jar type chandelier in the breakfast area had quite a few dead flies in it. I could have brought all these things to managements attention but for the price I paid plus more for parking - is it really my job to manage this hotel as well? There has to be better options in Deadwood at a far better price...and without the extra parking charge!

Room Tip: Avoid pool view rooms on the second floor if you want a quiet nights rest.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dean1967
SpringHill G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Dean1967,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. We are happy to hear your 2 queen bed was perfect for your family of 5. I apologize you had issues with the Wi-Fi and are having an upgrade installed next week to ensure there are no blind spots for signal. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nice hotel and very nice rooms! Didn't like how in our king room the bathroom door which is frosted glasses is adjacent to the bed. Since my husband would get up very early every morning, I wasn't able to sleep in! Our room was on the backside of the hotel, and our view was the side of a hill. And there is very little parking...

1  Thank Rose_S216

Rose- Thank you for your review of our hotel. We were happy to hear that you liked the room. We have talked with Marriott’s design team about the frosted glass bathroom doors based on feedback just like yours. Both sides of the hotel do have different views, while the back side does look onto the hillside this does make the back rooms quieter. The front of the hotel has rooms that face Main Street with a view of the black hills. We have several options for parking from our underground parking garage, overflow lot and 24 valet to park your car for you.

We appreciate you choosing SpringHill Suites for your home base during your Black Hills adventure and hope you will return to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I love staying here. The people are great. They go the extra mile to make your stay the best. Room are clean, with everything you need. Pool is great. I love that we felt at home. The manager went the extra by knowing it was our anniversary. I asks for wine and chocolates and they were there waiting for us. It was a special time for us. Nothing could be better. Deb and Brit were awesome.

Room Tip: Love the rooms that over look the road. Perfect
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SpringHill G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Jimme B,

It was so wonderful having you both back again this year. Thank you for your wonderful review and for spending your anniversary with us. You both are part of our family now and its a pleasure to serve wonderful guests like you two!

We look forward to celebrating with the two of you for many years to come. Take care and see you both next year!!!