“Antiques and Room!!”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Torrington, Wyoming
“Antiques and Room!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

3 floor of antiques to explore and a room for the night.
The owner treat us like family and we'll be back for another stay

Room Tip: For a couple room 408 and for a family 410
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pine Haven, Wyoming
Reviewed 9 April 2011

We felt like we went back in time from the moment we walked in. This place is not for those who want to stay in the same old little box. The rooms are large with huge windows. Some of the best views of deadwood. Close enough to everything, but far enough to miss the noise. Hidden historical treasure right downtown. A real Mom and Pops kind of place. We will stay every chance we get.

Room Tip: Ask Mary and David
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Torrington, Wyoming
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We go gambling and sight seeing in the Black Hills at least 8-10 times a year. I discovered Deadwood Dick's about 5 years ago and we made it our home away from home. This is not a new building, if you ask about the history, it used to be the general store for the Adams family of the 1800's. The elevator is quite ancient and fun with the old style buttons and 2 door closure(and people frequently forget to close both doors rendering the elevator unusable) But we don't mind the stairs we can use the exercise.
Every room is different and we have stayed in 90% of them. So there is a different rate on a king room or a suite or even the double queen. And the rates are different in winter and the summer. Plus on special events there are minimum night requirements but most of the hotels in Deadwood have this policy. But I love the beds and the mini-kitchens in the rooms. I love the proximity to main street. My whole family feels at home with Dave and Mary. The icecream, the bar, and the antique store is just a bonus. Oh they have WiFi too!!! They don't have a pool but the Rec Center is about a block up the street and it was newly renovated last year with a indoor slide and a kiddie pool and it is only 2 bucks for a day. This is the best place to stay in Deadwood and surrounding communities.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wyofarmer
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I've stayed at Deadwood Dick's several times in the last couple years, and everytime I feel like I've returned to my vacation home in the Black Hills. I love the character and the history of the hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and I love the antique decor.

The old elevator is really kool and I love the antique shop and old bar area. My favorite place is the patio where I have spent hours soaking up the pine scented mountain air with a drink or ice cream, just watching the world go by.

It's a 2 minute walk to the main street, and there's a trolly stop right out front where you can ride anywhere anytime.

Mary and Dave are great hosts and I have really enjoyed getting to know them. They'll cook you up some crispy hot wings or get you a hand dipped ice cream cone. I feel they are family and I will go back again. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Service, amenities, view, etc. are important, but when it comes down to it, I want a hotel to be clean, quiet, and the bed comfortable so I can get a good night's sleep. I'm not sure our room had been stayed in for months! There were several dead flies on the bathroom floor and in the room. The room decor is very old and worn, making it also appear "dirty", though it may not, in fact, be. The location is great, but we could hear road noise all night long, making for a disruptive night's sleep. The mattress in our room had to have been old. We are of average weight and we sunk and rolled to the middle of the bed. The price was right and the location close to things....but, I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SallyFoodie
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I love Deadwood for the ambience and Deadwood Dicks did not disappoint usl! The room was clean and warm. The service was wonderful, especially since it was a holiday! The shop is a trip! Like stepping back in time for my husband and I! Loved the elevator and the charm of the room! Look forward to staying again.....

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Beware if you make reservations here and have to cancel more than TWO MONTHS in advance. They will keep your money and sell your room to someone else so that they make double the money. What a scam, not to mention illegal. I am all for small businesses, my family runs one, but when it comes to this hotel, I would stay at a chain where you have some consumer protection. Our fight is not over, but at this point, the owners are ignoring our requests.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank amlrtravel
Mary L, Manager at Deadwood Dick's, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Our Rally reservation cancellation policy is verbally communicated before we take any reservation. It is then followed up with written communication with response required before confirmation. Since this is our busiest week of the year, we stand firm on the policy.