“We enjoyed it!!”

Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eclectic Atmosphere in the oldest building in Deadwood. Local Music scene,great lunches made with the freshest ingredients available to order.
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Off the main drag of Deadwood is a treat in itself. It was nice to sit outside and watch the world go by. Our waitress was one of the owners; she was really friendly and we enjoyed visiting with her. She recommended a beer which we both liked and each had 2! My husband and I each had a sandwhich and they were both very good. I feel like I must have been at a different restaurant than some of the other reviews. Everything was fine for us and would stop again!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Food was fine; lousy service
Walked in, waited a long time for any of the staff to acknowledge we were there. We found a table and waited some more. Eventually I asked if we should order at the bar. Was told no, someone would take our order. Eventually an unsmiling waitress took the order. Food was slow. We were told to pay upfront!

1  Thank Giles B
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Staff seemed unhappy we came in while it was raining. Got the feeling we were bothering them with our presence. Long wait as they sat around chit chatting. My frothy beverage had over two inches of foam on it. Not a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Surlypenguin
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Trying to get away from the casinos and biker places on Main St., we stumbled upon Dick's, a fascinating experience. The food was reasonably priced and really fresh, the tap beer cold, the salsa homemade, and the service prompt and attentive. When you're finished eating, wander around the other 2/3 of the place and look at the huge collection of collectibles and antiques that are for sale.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

It was lunchtime and my friends and I didn't know Deadwood. A restaurant on the corner of Sherman and Deadwood caught our eye, with interesting artifacts decorating the front. There were booths, but we grabbed three high stools; a perky waitress took our orders. We were near the bar area, but it wasn't yet busy. My Crispy Chix Salad was tasty and huge - I could hardly finish it. The cost less than $9 (not including tip) - considering Deadwood is a tourist town, I thought that reasonable. (My friends had the taco salad and enjoyed that, as well.) When you're done eating, there's still more to see here as the restaurant has a gift area and leads to an adjacent gift shop/antique mall (more than one floor); they also offer suites, and some gambling. We thought this a fun, interesting place to spend time while in Deadwood.