Iron Horse Inn
The Hotel by Gold Dust(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$64
Comfort Inn and Suites(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$73
ComfortInn
Bullock Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$66
The Lodge at Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$82
SpringHill Suites Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
Agoda.com
Celebrity Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$175
Travelocity
Super 8 Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$69
Deadwood Gulch Resort(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$60
Travelocity
Martin Mason Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
US$112
Hotwire.com
All reviewsceiling fanthanks mikefantastic visitgreat spot for breakfastold buildingwooden nickelcomfy beddingdowntown attractionstall ceilingsadams museumcharming hotelhuge windowswithin walking distanceweek stayother guestscorner roomwild bill days
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My husband and I have been taking vacations to Deadwood for about 20 years now, and have stayed at several of the hotels there. We discovered the Iron Horse Inn a few years ago and it instantly became our favorite. We especially love the corner king room suites, with a fantastic view of the town and surrounding hillsides. The rooms are clean, comfortable, quiet, and perfect for our needs. We always stay for at least a full week and hate to leave when that time comes. Mike and his staff treat us so very well and always make sure our every need is being met. We love having breakfast and/or lunch at the Lee Street Diner, which is downstairs in the adjoining building. The hotel is centrally located just one block off Main Street (with their own parking lot), so we can easily run back to our room whenever we need to. The gaming areas are open 24/7 and there is always fun to be found there. On many nights, you can find a group of friends by the bar, possibly with someone playing the piano and singing, and you will always hear lots of laughter. We cherish the friendships we've established by staying at the Iron Horse Inn and can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: The corner suites have fantastic views and all of the rooms are amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2013

When we travel to Deadwood, we always visit the staff at the Iron Horse Inn/Lee Street Dinner. It is a fun place to play and the staff make you feel at home. I always refer people to the Lee Street Dinner, because you can get a home cooked breakfast, like steak and eggs. For a reasonable price, instead of the buffet's that are offered thoughout Deadwood. We recently stayed at the Iron Horse Inn and enjoyed the rustic, but comfortable feel of the room. It is located just off the main street, so you are within walking distance of everything or you can catch the trolley. But most of all, the gals at the Lee Street Dinner always remember our names and we enjoy the humor in their service. Great job!!

Room Tip: The corner room is nice, because of the view of Deadwood
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I and our two kids stayed here on a trip this summer. I used TripAdvisor and called the #1 result, booked a room there for my mother-in-law but they didn't have any rooms that would sleep four of us so booked us at their "sister" hotel, the Iron Horse Inn. It's in the same building and they use the same front desk.

The rooms are clean and just fine - nothing impressive, but fun to see the older trim and windows, stay right in downtown. We had no complaints during our stay and I'd recommend it if you're looking for an interesting (non-chain) place to stay on a budget with a family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This place was originally filled with 'good time girls' apparently. A bordello in other words It still has a whiff of its past in the gaudily decorated bedrooms and a ground floor full of gamling machines. But then all the hotels in Deadwood seemed to be full of one-armed bandits and gaming tables. No breakfast here, but comfortable beds and good washing facilities made this one of the more interesting places to stay on our way up north

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2012

If, however, you are looking for a real historic Deadwood experience, the Iron Horse Inn is worth a shot. I stayed here for one night during a cross-country trip and from the second I walked into the room I loved it. According to the hotel, it started off as a one-story feed store in the mid-1800s, then gradually grew to two stories then three. At one point the first floor was the town's post office, the second floor was a library, and the third was private residences. We stayed on the second floor, and the room was a decent size with very high ceilings and huge tall windows. The decor was VERY outdated and the entire hotel smelled faintly like cigarettes and old wood. It was JUST dingy enough to be endearing, without actually being dirty and off-putting. The hotel made it very easy to imagine what it looked like 150 years ago in the Wild Bill Hickok days, which is what I would imagine most people would like in a town such as Deadwood. My ONLY complaints would be 1. The casino downstairs took away from the historic feel of the hotel (although I really can't fault them, as there are casinos in nearly every hotel and bar in the town these days), and 2. The bathroom was EXTREMELY small, and the bathtub is elevated a few inches above the bathroom floor, so when I stepped out of the shower I lost my footing and fell into the door. Again, probably not their fault given the age of the place, just something to watch out for. All in all, a fantastic place to stay. (P.S. The bed was VERY comfortable! I slept like a baby!)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends