“Good food surrounded by Kevin Costner memorabilia”
Review of Diamond Lil's - CLOSED

Diamond Lil's
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place was a little hard to find - it is the 2nd floor of the Morningstar Casino. There is a small doorway that leads up a set of stairs, but there is also an elevator in the back of the first floor, as well as another set of stairs. Prices were reasonable - the menu features a range of burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. The walls are covered with costumes worn by Kevin Costner in films, film posters and photos taken on set. It is a bar setting, but children are welcome.
Upstairs is the fine dining establishment - and there aren't very many to be found in Deadwood. The prices go up as you go up a floor.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

One of the employees in the casino, Cade, talked us into trying a buffalo burger and it was fantastic. Good service and great views of Kevin Costner's costumes for all his movies. I love the Midnight Star Casino and it may just be my favorite in all of Deadwood. Diamond Lil's is a great place to eat.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We actually ate there twice, food was good and always more than I could finish. Both the servers we had were a little inexperienced but still did a great job.

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Enjoyed supper here one night. My wrap was very good but the ingredients kept falling out so I had to pour the dipping sauce on it and then bite. The young man who served us was pleasant and attentive so it was a good experience and a decent meal.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had dinner here. Not much spent to furnish it. Appears Kevin took "props" from his various movies. Food was fair. I had a Buffalo burger for $12.75 Three dollars more than the regular burger. Couldn't taste the difference. My wife's chicken melt was okay. Drinks were cheap.
I can't recommend this place