“The best place to stay in Deadwood!!!!!”

Best Western Hickok House
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The Hickok House is the best place to stay in Deadwood. I have stayed at several motels in Deadwood and have never had service like I do at the Hickok House. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make sure that your stay is very enjoyable. The rooms are very clean and well maintained as is the entire property, the food is excellent in the restaurant and the service impeccable. Oh, and they have the best coffee in Deadwood. If you are reading reviews and basing your decision where to stay on that. then by all means stay here where you are treated like family and not a number.

Room Tip: Just ask.... They will do everything they can to accomodate you
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Hickok House

Reviewed 27 July 2011

This was the second year in a row we have stayed there and love it. The staff is the most friendly we have ever met. I think its very clean, its not as fancy as others but the service is good. I love it when the maids are smiling, you know its good! We travel by bike and this is VERY bike friendly! Plus its great for relaxing on the porch and very social with all the other bikers who stay there. We will be back!

Room Tip: They give Harley owners discount
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldsOfFun
BWHH_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hickok House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

We appreciate your kind words and value your comments. We look forward to having you back. We like to think of our guests as part of our extended family.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

Awful. Disgusting. Hated it. I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. During the night, my wife and I were bitten by bed bugs. The next day, I had over 20 welts and my wife had about 10. I called the Manager but he/she was unavailable so I checked out. Later on that day, I called back and the Manage was still unavailable. I called Best Western customer support and talked to a representative. She took down all the information and they have not responded to this complaint. My only advice is that this hotel should not be frequented.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JOSETILLY
BWHH_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hickok House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

At the Best Western Hickok House we take all complaints very seriously. The room you were in was thouroughly inspected by trained staff, management and professional exterminators. There was NO sigh of any type of insect in the room.
We have a contract with Ecolab to help prevent and monitor this issue as we are aware of the concern nationwide with bedbugs.
Your calls were not ignored. We have tried several times to call you and recieved no answer, We have emailed you with no response. Best Western customer service has tried to make contact with you as well with no reply. It is extremely unfair for you to say there has been no response to this issue from anyone involved with this hotel.

Lynda D.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

Traveled with two families. Good place to stay as the rooms are big. Couple of blocks away from downtown Deadwood. Free internet and free parking. The staff was friendly. The only issue was that they held a huge amount from my checking account (debit card) and didn't return it quickly enough even after I gave them a card to charge to -- and despite that my brother-in-law provided his card to charge for his room. Good room for the price.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ILLINOIS785
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Very nice hotel. The clerk was friendly and very helpful. Rooms were clean and quiet. Nice deck on the second level. They have laundry facilities. The surrounding area is clean and safe. Ample parking. The trolley that runs through town makes a stop at this hotel and it is an easy way to get downtown. They don't have a free breakfast and the adjoining restaurant is nothing special. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Panhead64
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Over the last 3 years I stayed in this hotel out of convenience. It used to be better when I stayed here the first time in 2009. Now it decresed in cleaness and service - room wasn't made one day, bathroom not really clean... However the checkin staff was very friendly! If their pricing would be $20 less than asked for it would be a good deal. Their room definitely need remodeling! Bottomline - there are nicer places to stay in Deadwood, SD for the same amount of money.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Spladi
BWHH_Hotel, General Manager at Best Western Hickok House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

I would like to apologize to you for the less the perfect expierence you had with us. It was a mistake on our part. I would like to offer you a discount on your next stay with us. Please contact Scott at 605.578.1611 and I will make sure everything is great for your next stay.
Once again I am terribly sorry about the oversight with your service.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

I was in town visiting family and stayed here. The rooms are large and clean. The beds and pillows are amazing! The staff is very friendly and efficient. The restaurant has good food at great prices. The onsite parking and the trolley stop right in front makes getting to downtown Deadwood easy. I will be staying here again the next time I'm in town!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family