“Don't do it!”

Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Mohall, North Dakota
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We rolled into Deadwood late after a long drive from Jackson, WY. It's the town I hadn't booked a hotel ahead of time so there was no research done on my part. It was one of the first places to stay when we entered town, so my husband decided we would stay there. Big mistake! All I can say is that it was one of the cheaper hotels we stayed at on our vacation and you could tell. We walked to our second floor room and the floor leading there was plywood. We felt like we were going to fall through. The bathroom door in our room wouldn't close. The toilet felt like it wasn't bolted to the floor and I felt like I should've had a seatbelt on! My daughter took a shower that night and said she thought she was in a horror movie because the water was running red when she first turned on the water. At least she had hot water which we didn't when we showered in the morning, The curtains were mismatched and wouldn't stay closed. The pillows were huge and uncomfortable. And there wasn't a hair dryer. I called the front desk and there wasn't one there to borrow either. I took pictures and will try to post.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 218 unless you don't care if your bathroom door closes!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tamiblonde_12

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The staff at the hotel were so nice and accommodating. I stayed with my black lab and they had dogs themselves. It's on the end of Deadwood but I walked to town many times with ease, but it's a bit longer of a distance than most of the other hotels. It isn't a very modern hotel but it was comfortable and clean. I was able to leave my dog alone in the room for small periods of time when I went out to eat in town. I was there during the Mickelson Trail Marathon and the staff was so sweet to let me come back to the hotel and shower after my run on that 80 degree day before I headed home. I seemed to be a little bit of a party hotel although it was pretty quiet during our stay. The trolley shuttle doesn't stop at this hotel so that could be a problem for those who can't make the walk, although if you're driving yourself there are some spots to park downtown. I had a great stay there and will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo