“SWEET!!!😊”
Review of Home Towne Inn

Home Towne Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elk Point
Home Towne Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elk Point
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This motel is very quite and very clean. Don't let the looks turn you away. Yeah it's and older motel but it is super clean and the owner works the front desk and cleans the rooms himself. His name is David and he is a very pleasant man. All rooms are non smoking, new carpet and just a nice little place to lay your head at night. You can't beat the price either and he gives AARP discount on top of the already affordable price. No breakfast at motel but everything else makes up for that. So give it a chance you will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks David for an affordable great place to rest our tired heads on the night if August 11th 2012.

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank GinaKlick
David A, Owner at Home Towne Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you very much for the nice review of my motel in Elk Point, South Dakota. When you stayed with us in August 2012! My staff and I really try hard and really feel happy when others are appreciative of our work! Please if in area come stay with us again!
David Abraham owner of the Hometown Inn

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff lifts this otherwise ordinary roadside motel into the prefered place to stay on I-29 between Sioux Falls and Sioux City. Fast food outlets are nearby for when you're hungry.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I want to preface this review by noting that my expectations were for a small town hotel, not a corporate chain. Hence, a higher review than I would have given to a chain.

My husband and I didn’t have reservations and arrived at the hotel around 10:30 p.m. We were turned off by the large group of people standing in front of the entrance smoking.

The owner of the hotel checked us in. Although it was later in the evening, the hallway to our room was clean. The room was described by my husband as perfect for a group of hunters. Room appeared to be well-cared for.... it was basic but clean with older counter tops in the bathroom. Bed was ok, not a high end mattress but the comforters looked new. There was a mini-refrigerator in the room and flat screen tv, although we didn’t use either one.

The room was surprisingly quiet. When we were checking in, we heard babies crying and louder guests. I don’t know if it was well insulated or if we were placed in an area without neighbors, but we had a restful night’s sleep.

Checking out in the morning, the owner was cleaning rooms. It was very obvious to us he cared deeply for the property and took pride in it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank agiasos

Been to Home Towne Inn? Share your experiences!