“Fantastic Venue! Freindly and Hospitable!”

Lenwade Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lenwade
Reviewed 20 January 2012

After reading some of the reviews on this site regarding this hotel I felt I had to write and give my opinion on this wonderful venue. We got married in this beautiful setting on the 1st of October 2011 and we have to say everything was spot on. We had 20 rooms booked out to family and friends and every single person was happy with the room, decoration, comfort and friendlyness of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and we were all impressed by the professionalism of the staff. They were smartly dressed and knew what was required of them throughout the day.
As we had booked Lenwade for our wedding back in August 2011 well over a year before our wedding we were told to check TripAdvisor after a relative had seen some of the comments posted on this site. I have to admit we were a little worried, but we knew that we had to judge this hotel and its staff on for ourselves. We were not dissapointed. This beautiful old hotel recently refurbished with its long drive lovely views and river view terrace was brilliant. Nicely decorated and furnished and pleasant staff. Our wedding was perfect and we cant thank the staff and management enough. Aidy was just brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. Our thanks also to Jane and her team for making our day and stay perfect!
I understand that you can never please everybody and that people may get bad experiences but all I can say is that if you like the look of this hotel to stay and get away from it all, or to have your wedding here like we did. You must go and visit and judge for yourself.
A very happy Newlywed Couple!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne Y

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed here in December 2011 with my boyfriend and loved every minute of our 2 night stay.

The staff were all wonderful,friendly and very helpful, the food was fabulous (maybe a bit on the expensive side but still great)

We would definately go back again

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 7373alc
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I decided to return to this hotel for a mini break as the last time i stayed was so pleasant and once again the reception was friendly and welcoming. food of a very high quality and the ambiance was very cosy and relaxing. reading some of the other reviews i wonder if i stayed at the same place as my experience was so much better. i would recommend this hotel to anyone comeing to norfolf for a relaxing comfortable stay. we will be back again no doubt to enjoy the good old norfolk hospitality

Room Tip: room 2 has a lovely view of the river
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank familyman051
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Called in for lunch a few weeks ago. We were the only people in the establishment. I ordered beefburger and chips. My husband ordered a large salad and for my little boy just chips and cucumber and carrot as he is a fussy eater. After 50 minutes we were informed that they had no cucumber. Five minutes later our food arrived. (55 mins to cook two portions of chip, a burger and prep a salad !!!) We were then informed they had run out of tomato sauce but would get some. Great I thought. 25 minutes passed, my husband and I had finished eating and my son had eaten nothing. Someone then walked in with the sauce and said 'oh have you not been given this ?' we complained that he had not been able to eat his food and it was now cold as the lady who I assume may have been a manager just offered to reheat it in a grumpy manner. When it was mentioned how long we had to wait for food being the only people in the restaurant she just became defensive and refused to communicate with us any more. So disappointed. This is not how you treat customers. The waitress was welcoming on a positive note !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We did the mid week break at Lenwade House and from the moment we arrived until leaving we could not have been made more welcome.Both the breakfasts and the evening meals were excellent so we would have no reservations about recommending it to anybody.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek h
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was our second stay at Lenwade House, and enjoyed it just as much as last year and always leave very happy and with fond memories. On both occassions we visited the first week of December, when the lovely mansion is decorated inside and out with decorations - simply beautiful.
All the staff at Lenwade made us feel special and treated us with politeness and attentiveness. Top marks to the chef aswell who cooked us a very special dinner and the young waiter and waitresses that tended to us.
Special thanks to Ady, the manager, where nothing was to much trouble, and a real asset to the hotel, the same go's for all the team, a very big thank you.
With beautiful grounds, clean and comforatble rooms, delicious food and friendly staff, I would thouroughly recommend the Lenwade for a peaceful and memorable stay.

We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank badger038
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We really enjoyed our two nght stay at this excellent hotel which is set in lovely grounds.
The food and accommodation were superb and all the staff were very friendly. Special thanks to Ady for showing us the newly refurbished rooms, which were very impressive, and to Pam for introducing us to the turkeys!

We would definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenwade
Maids Head Hotel
Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich
Broom Hall Country Hotel
Broom Hall Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Saham Toney

Been to Lenwade Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!